New toy!!

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by mattpayne, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyrilng

cyrilng Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Too bad mine's H. :(

2. cyrilng

cyrilng Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Anyone had any luck with the SDIOs?

3. interestingfellow

interestingfellow Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey, I just found some random usb cable for another phone: WITH DONOR PINS!!!! Yay!

Now i"m trying to fab up a "port replicator", but am unsure about a couple things:

I plan on only using a usb cable for charge and sync:
    Should I tie in pin 6 (usb +5v in) and pin 13 (external +5v)? Or will the unit charge off of pin 6 and/or pin13 by themselves (tied to pin 1, gnd, of course!)?

I assume pin 10, gnd, is intended for mic/speaker, not power?

I plan on leaving a usb port cable dangling out for host. Can I tie in the +5v supply for the slave devices' usb port to the pin 6 or 13 (+5v) (to act as the power for the host usb port)? Did that make sense?

TIA!

Attached Files:

4. interestingfellow

Reputations:
    &
    AND, I DISAGREE!
    I hooked up everything, and when plugged into a usb charger (not a computer) it would not charge. So, I shorted pin6 and 13 together, and ViOla!

Old MS mouse usb cable, donor usb extension (for "host" receptacle), old RadioCrack 3.5mm adapter, some solder, and aggrivation, and BAM!

Charges from ac/usb charger, pc usb, sync, and USB HOST! I'm looking into drivers now.

Attached Files:

5. denrosten

denrosten Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I never reply in the time, but the short on pin 6 and 13 is still there on mine, and it works well

6. interestingfellow

Reputations:
    POSSIBLE DRIVERS: (currently personally untested)

Deje's Drivers
    (mouse and mass storage)
    RATOC drivers are for one of thier cf to usb host controller cf cards. I'm under the impression they work without the card?? look around, you want to dl the cfu1 or cfu2 software. Mass storage, cd, and more? I've also read that you want to extract their files, and install the drivers manually. Google it. I'll report my experience back later...

Twin Paradox also makes a cf to usb card. I only found it online. Don't know much about it, but the drivers might be good to have. They claim printing, mouse, kb, etc...

There is also a mass storage driver from a company called Anypak. They no longer support wm2003, and you will have to source the driver from somewhere ;). Start here(google search).

Microsoft Development also has some good info on USB host mode for ce.net. (ce.net 4.2= WM2003)

FTD also has some drivers and info. They have a serial driver for usb, might be good for those problematic GPS's I keep reading about (serial bridge).

Other than that go google ""your device of choice here" wm2003 usb driver"

Hope it helps!

7. VREL

VREL Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi there !! I need info about CF P2 signal quality. I have bought two of these (no wi-fi models, type P2T1HBF7E) because I thought that they had a good aerial signal (on GPS or GPRS), but both (they seems in like new conditions from Centrica UK) are very poor on signal strenght (with gps/gprs Vodaphone in Italy), they shows 1 or 2 segments on the radio bar in the better condition, VS ktek 9100 show 4/5, and my wife cell Nokia at Full Signal also in basement !! Are unlocked. Who has made comparative Signal Strenght tests? Helps are apreciated.

---------------
    CF-18 Mk3 original WiFi, Gsm/Gprs/Edge&Bluetooth, GPS, third party internal DVB-t, 64Gb SSD Slc, solar cell, led illuminator for keyboard, GREAT !!!
    2 x CF-P2 with poor signal !!

8. xuenylomnerrad

xuenylomnerrad Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, I'm new here, I've got a CF-P2 and have being having a look inside and out. I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with WLAN SDIO cards. and also does anyone know if the OS can be upgraded to windows mobile 5.0 and if so how? Thanks.

9. hanny

hanny Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, WLAN SDIO cards do work.

10. xuenylomnerrad

xuenylomnerrad Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks, What sort of wireless router are you using yours with, mine will work with my parents which is linksy, I think, but won't work with mine at home which was supplied by Virgin, I was just wondering if you would know why.

Does anyone know how to use windows CE 5.00 platform builder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.