Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by ganzonomy, Sep 4, 2011.
Are You sure that the P170HM 3D model does not support Intel XTU?
just contact your reseller and tell them you want to change your cpu to the new one. If they have the new cpu in stock, they'll definitely swap it.
YES, i was unable to get it for a Clevo machine.
My first one had the ghost screen, but also had a dud GPU when it came and bad wifi card. They mailed me GPU and wifi card after waiting 2 weeks (saying was out of stock and didn't want to take from another laptop) and before could even do that swap laptop wouldn't post anymore.
They had me finally send back laptop back and just wanted to random part swap but after fighting my reseller was able to at last min to get them to do a swap.
Reseller is Xotic also but like I said, they have been great, its Sager who is issue. A reseller can only do so much. In the end its ALWAYS Sagers call.
Two screens in a row with Ghosting issue make me wonder if all the 95% have it and just some people dont catch it as its not the whole screen that does it. Mine does it in a 2" wide gap straight down the middle of the screen if I move mouse slow on a black background.
Anyway on the CPU topic.
I don't think these CPU are in stock at anyone JUST yet as Intel just released to market now (sept). They will prob be getting them in the next week or two thus why they didn't say laptops are delayed. Also shocked none on eBay yet, haha
yeah, for the 3D screen models XTU is disabled.
Thank You gentlemen.
YES, it`s a shame as the Alienware, the Asus and even the XPS can all use the unlocked multiplier of the 2920XM and offer the same 3D screen.
these new cpu's have unlocked multipliers? the 2920xm has unlocked multi as default, but 2760/2860 have unlocked multi via XTU? and a later revision motherboard? i presume 2960xm is unlocked by default.
And when will this new processors be available? Because German resellers still don't offer them.
I'm waiting to hear back from Eric at Mythlogic to see when they might be coming in. My current build is packaged and ready to ship on Tuesday. If they are getting them in fairly shortly, would it be worth the upgrade from 2.2 to 2.4 to wait? Mainly gaming right now is my purpose for it.
Separate names with a comma.