New Samsung Series 7 NP700Z7C-S01US Laptop i7 3615QM 650m Review!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by paulnelson88, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NXVash

NXVash Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks!! I will be trying that guide later this evening.

2. NXVash

NXVash Newbie

Reputations:
    That worked perfectly. Thank you so much. :)

Dannemand likes this.
  3. al123

al123 Newbie

Reputations:
    hi all, I have had the charging-not charging issue for about 2 years. As soon as I let it go below 92% battery, I had to switch everything off so it goes back to 100% and stay at this charging level. I have read every information possible on the internet and the only convincing solution i came accross was about getting a 120w AC adapter that would replace the weak original one.
    I went for a 90w Lavolta, and after a full test, it seems the problem is solved and is indeed about the power unit not the battery, not the power socket, nor the power cable that needed to be twisted, plugged in deeper or whatever.
    I have been able to game at full power for a few hours, the green "fully charged" led never flicked. The Lavolta AC costs about 30$.
    I hope it will help

I also had the OEM HDD failing, replaced by a samsung SSD, its a new laptop now, incredibly better!

John Ratsey likes this.
  4. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Thanks for this interesting report. If your original, Samsung, PSU was rated at 90W as is your Lavolta PSU then I have to wonder whether the Samsung PSU hasn't been delivering the design 90W. Perhaps it has spent too long running close to the limit and something has got tired. Once the system realises that the PSU isn't good for 90W then it starts to draw on the battery and perhaps there is a hidden rule about not draining the battery below 92%.

John

5. al123

al123 Newbie

Reputations:
    I am not sure about any rule, 92%, 89%, it could have been pretty random. As soon as the battery would go down a bit, the PSU could not either provide power more than intermitently to the laptop, let alone charge the battery. The only solution was to switch it off so that it would charge back eventually to 100%.

Now it seems to be working much better, I can game and the laptop stays charged at 100%, so I believe the oem PSU was just tired, 4 years of super intensive use in a hot climate.. it is just the age of it, although it started havins issues early in the third year.

All in all, I had to replace the screen, the HDD, and the PSU, as well as a repaste. In 4 years of 18h/day use, its not thaaat bad.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.