New Samsung Series 7 NP700Z7C-S01US Laptop i7 3615QM 650m Review!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by paulnelson88, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. namaiki

namaiki "basically rocks" Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Just tried updating my Intel Bluetooth drivers since they are connected to the same USB hub or port. Hopefully that will do it...

2. kooyonga

kooyonga Newbie

Reputations:
    Am I correct that there is another RAM slot on the motherboard? I have the 8GB RAM that is in the underside slot but was curious about adding another 4GB to the second slot (4GB is quite cheap these days). I already had my Chronos opened up before to put in a SSD. I found it a painful experience to be honest.

I did read through this entire thread last year and I seem to remember some people saying it was a pointless upgrade....can't be sure though. The forum could do with having a "search thread" option!!! I'm not reading through 200 pages twice.

3. namaiki

Reputations:
    I checked some pictures of the motherboard on Google Images. The other side of the board has the RAM chips soldered. Not removable or upgradable.

4. Nomad

Nomad Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi couldn't find this info yet..

Do somebody know where is the BIOS chip located in this laptop?

I need to extract it to re flash it.

Thanks!

5. kooyonga

kooyonga Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone have any trouble with their Wifi? I had Linux Mint installed for a long time and had no trouble. Changed back to Windows 10 two weeks ago and the wifi connection keeps dropping. I know it's not my router because everything else is fine. The Chronos keeps losing connection or changing to "Limited" (which basically is the same thing).

I then remembered it was a little quirky back when Windows 7 was on it when I first got it. The only thing I can think of is that it could be a driver problem? Correct? I mean it worked fine in Linux Mint so surely that's the only difference?

6. namaiki

Reputations:
    Are you gaming?

7. kooyonga

kooyonga Newbie

Reputations:
  8. JEW UNIT

JEW UNIT Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I cam here for a recommendation. Since I own this laptop, does anybody know of any other (modern) laptop that is similar to this one. I just need an upgrade in GPU. Looking mostly for good gpu, screen and sound quality.

9. NXVash

NXVash Newbie

Reputations:
    Any idea why this laptop would not boot off of a Samsung 850 Evo SSD? Boots fine to my usb drive and installs windows just fine, but when I remove the usb drive it just goes to a boot menu and wont boot off of the ssd

10. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    How did you install Windows on the 850 EVO? This notebook has ExpressCache which can confuse the Windows installer resulting in the boot files being installed on the non-bootable ExpressCache. See this guide about how to work around the problem.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.