New Samsung Series 7 NP700Z7C-S01US Laptop i7 3615QM 650m Review!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by paulnelson88, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pouria64

pouria64 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

My laptop model: NP700Z5C-S01CA
    SSD: Intel SSD 520 Series 120GB
    RAM: 12GB

Note: Replacing ODD with HDD is not a good idea! your fans will be one all the time, the laptop will become very noisy!

I replaced the bottom case with this one:

NEW Original Samsung NP700Z5A NP700Z5B NP700Z5C Bottom Shell Bottom Case D Cover | eBay

I paid US $25.00

Does anyone know where I can buy a new set of screws?

2. sparrow_69

sparrow_69 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was given a Samsung NP700Z7C01US that seems to be completely dead. When the power pack is plugged in, no lights turn on at all on the laptop. I've tried removing the optical drive as well as hard disk. Still nothing and nothing happens when power button is pushed. Tried removing battery, still nothing. There is no physical damage and all seems well inside the laptop (even removed motherboard to check for problems). The power pack I was given is a replacement to the original (cat chewed the original power cord) This is the power adapter I was given: http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Laptop-Charger-Samsung-Chronos/dp/B007COEPO4

Is there anything else I can try troubleshooting-wise? I'm assuming there *should* be some led that light up on the laptop when its plugged in? Should this laptop run even if the battery was completely dead or even removed? The laptop had no issues before it would no longer turn on. Tks

3. namaiki

namaiki "basically rocks" Super Moderator

Reputations:
    When it's plugged in, the battery charge light is turned on. Can't remember if it's orange or blue. When the laptop is turned on the power button glows red.

4. sparrow_69

sparrow_69 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Tks for the reply namaiki! Any idea if the laptop should still work if say the battery is completely dead (dead as in will no longer charge) or if battery is removed? I was told battery life had become extremely short before the laptop stopped working altogether.

5. namaiki

Reputations:
    Sorry, I haven't tried removing the battery.

6. namaiki

Reputations:
    Took me a while to figure out, but it seems that my laptop's USB 3.0 ports get routed to USB2.0 speed after I put my NP700z7C into Hibernation on Windows 8.1... I can't recall if this used to happen when I was still using Windows 7.

7. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Check if for any driver or firmware update for the USB 3.0 Host Controller. You will need to identify the chip. SiSoftware Sandra should be able to do this and a site such as station-drivers.com is likely to be more up-to-date than the Samsung downloads.

John

8. namaiki

Reputations:
    Thanks. I downloaded Sandra and had a look.

The USB 3.0 chipset is an Intel chipset. There probably isn't any standalone firmware update available and I have the latest BIOS installed.

Windows 8 uses a standard built in USB 3.0 driver. In Windows 7 I had to install an Intel specific one so I wonder if there are some differences there. Still, the Windows 7 driver can't be installed on Windows 8 and Intel recommends using the Windows 8 built-in driver.

Not a big issue though. I can finally use my USB 3.0 devices at 3.0 speed consistently again! Windows 8 does have hibernation hidden by default so there might be a reason for that too.

9. namaiki

Reputations:
    I take that back. My USB 3.0 is borked again. It really is a mystery... Might try reinstall Windows 7 again when my new SSD arrives in the mail.

10. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    @namaiki: I've had some issues with USB3 in Win8, but they all went away in 8.1. I've had other issues in 8.1, but not with USB3.

My Sammy has ASMedia USB3 controller, not Intel, so that's different from yours. Win7 used Samsung-provided USB3 drivers, but Win8 and 8.1 use built-in ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.