New Samsung Series 7 NP700Z7C-S01US Laptop i7 3615QM 650m Review!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by paulnelson88, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mschaffer66

mschaffer66 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I meant spending $800 on a used laptop with no warranty was probably not a good idea.

I'll try to do the PCMark thing tonight.

2. Ryzir

Ryzir Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The used laptops from cowboom come with full manufacturer's warranty. It's the refurbished ones that have limited warranty.

3. mschaffer66

mschaffer66 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Interesting....

When I first bought it I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't boot. Come to find out there was no OS installed on it. But the disk was included... Anyway, the woman I talked to said there was no manufacturer warranty because them selling it used was like some sort of 3rd party. Maybe she was lying to me. But I'm sure I've voided the mfg warranty because I've popped it open to put in the SSD.

4. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If you put back the original HDD and haven't done any damage then I would expect Samsung to honor the warranty on the hardware they provided.

John

5. urazyjazzy

urazyjazzy Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey bro I think yours is the graphics card issue and your motherboard needs to be changed. I had a similar problem with the device that I bought from ebay. My graphics card caused blue screen of death as soon as it was active and the motherboard was needed to be changed which took 3 months because I live in Turkey and my device was this Particular US model:( Just give them back and the company you bought if they provide warranty they should be able to replace your motherboard with no charge... I hope ;)
    p.s : could you tell me what type of ram you have used to upgrade regarding speed and latency ... thx

6. Ryzir

Ryzir Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's like if I bought one new at BestBuy then sold it on eBay. The Mfg Warranty would still be intact but I guess the year warranty could be considered to have started at the original purchase and not the 2nd time. Anyway I had a weird problem with the first laptop I got from Cowboom. I contacted Samsung first to do a warranty and they never said I didn't have a warranty, however I ended up sending it back to Cowboom for a replacement (I was within the 30days still).

Like John said you would need to revert the hardware to original configuration. The OS shouldn't be a big deal, I always completely wipe my data (including any kind of OS) before doing any returns or warranty work and have never run into any problems.

7. StillwaterTownie

StillwaterTownie Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry, but you got me confused with somebody else's problem. I'm still wondering if I should upgrade this laptop to Windows 8. Apparently, it would be a bad idea to do this, since no one has responded, probably due to the fact that Windows 8, or Samsung, still doesn't have a driver upgrade required to keep USB 3.0, along with other issues..

8. Nettwerk

Nettwerk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Win 8 has its own usb 3 drivers

They work on mine.

9. lettcco

lettcco Newbie

Reputations:
    Does usb 3 work on yours after waking up standby? I have to reboot my laptop everytime if I want USB 3 on windows 8.

10. Nettwerk

Nettwerk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yea, just tried it with my usb 3 removable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.