New Samsung Series 7 NP700Z7C-S01US Laptop i7 3615QM 650m Review!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by paulnelson88, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodbad

Goodbad Newbie

Reputations:
    And what about GT 650m overclocking? I heart that there are some modified BIOS that overclock it pretty nice..

2. Marz1

Marz1 Newbie

Reputations:
    I just got two Z7C's. One for myself and one for my brother. Only one of them has the windows 7 recovery disk included. Mine is a newer built and does not have the disk. I feel bit skeptical. Did yours come with the recovery disk? Thanks.

3. gopats88

gopats88 Newbie

Reputations:
    Merlok please contact me if you are interested in the Z7C. My email is adkardon@pitt.edu.

4. vatz

vatz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Actually I managed to get the most used and important keys working; I remembered a procedure described here in the forums and applied it to this problem. I was lucky to have saved the files in the installation folder of Easy Settings, so I uninstalled the new Settings program, and made a shortcut in the start-up folder to the dmhkcore.exe file, which is the Easy Display Manager, the Control Center needs to be in compatibility mode to be able to run, Windows 7 will do the trick. The only keys not working are the configuration one (F1), which is the Control Center and can be launched manually, and the silent mode doesn't seem to be working.

5. viperhrdtp

viperhrdtp Newbie

Reputations:
    Gotcha. I'm trying to get it to work with the newer version so that there's not as big of a delay in using the function keys. I've actually contacted Samsung about it and they are investigating. Kind of crappy that they half-assed one of the features that you can't control without their software.

6. Zyathach

Zyathach Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got a used one which was an older model from March or April and it had a recovery disk. I sent it back and the next one I got was from August and it had no recovery disk.

7. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    But can you make one using Samsung Recovery Solution?

John

8. Bitech

Bitech Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is it just me or is this particular laptop model not very popular outside this forum? To me it seems the 15" 700z5c is more popular than this 17" 700z7c despite having lower quality display and speakers, and ratings.

Samsung has uploaded commercials for all the Series 7 models EXCEPT this one.
    SERIES 7 - YouTube
    (the 14", 15" and 15.6" ones are listed, but no 17.3"

This model isn't listed on Newegg.
    http://www.newegg.com/SAMSUNG-Laptops-Notebooks/BrandSubCat/ID-1077-32

These slickdeal threads on this laptop have but only several replies and only +1 rating:
    Samsung NP700Z7C-S01US Laptop i7 2.3GHz 8GB 1TB DVDRW (Preowned) $799.99 + Free shipping - Slickdeals.net
    SAMSUNG SERIES 7 LAPTOP 17.3" FULL HD screen (Samsung Series 7 700Z7C-S01) $799 - Slickdeals.net

Am I missing something here? Is this model still really new?

9. lostlinkpr

lostlinkpr Newbie

Reputations:
    Did you ever get to set your hackintosh? I'm wondering about installing OSX on mine and would like to hear if you were able to do it and what's your experience with it. Thanks!

10. Jocelyn84

Jocelyn84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No it does not. As you can see in my sig I have two SSDs in mine (second is for games), but 4k read/write speeds are still insane on SATA II. Anyway, I can confirm that the optical bay is hooked up to the Sata port 3 via the bios, while the main HDD is hooked up to port 1. I'm not entirely sure why they didn't go with port 2, considering it's empty, but my guess would be they didn't expect people to swap out the dvd for an SDD/HDD. As mentioned in the beginning of this post, SATA II speeds are still very fast and outside of benchmarks you're never going to notice or feel a throughput bottleneck using a Sata III SSD on a Sata II port.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.