New Samsung Series 7 NP700Z7C-S01US Laptop i7 3615QM 650m Review!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by paulnelson88, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodbad

Goodbad Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello
    Can anybody give me a link who changed DVD caddy to HDD?

2. JJ22

JJ22 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If anyone hasn't been a fan of the trackpad, I recently uninstalled the most current trackpad drivers that are for the 700Z7C (according to Samsung SW update), and instead, installed the series 5 trackpad drivers Support - Series 5 Notebooks NP540U3C | Samsung Laptops

Basically, my trackpad has never been better. Increased smoothness, accuracy, and overall the experience is much better.

This has been talked about in the trackpad discussion thread as well.

3. Ryzir

Ryzir Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    post #1082

4. Bitech

Bitech Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has anyone had any problems with the 4-in-1 Multi Card Reader? I have both Windows 7 and 8 installed and it doesn't seem to be detect on either OS. I double checked to see if the reader was plugged in properly when I opened my laptop up. Seems the Reader shares the same connection as the USB 2.0 ports.

I think it might have something to do with some bent pins. When I was replacing the DVD drive with a HDD caddy I took out the cable to the USB 2.0 and Card reader ports, and unknowingly bent the pins from plugging in the connector at an angle. When I noticed the bent pins I went in and straightened them all out with a screw.

My USB 2.0 ports work fine, but seems my Card Reader is gone...

Does anyone have a solution for my issue? Is it a defective or damaged circuit board for those ports?

5. argent

argent Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello all.
    I recently bought the 700z7c-s01UB, installed an SSD in it and send the original HD to the optical bay.... Then I created a booteable pen drive and copied my Win 7 cd to it.... After that I installed Win 7 in the SSD... So far so good, BUT, here start the problems, after the first reboot, when it should boot from the SSD it boots from the pen drive again. I take the pen drive out but its like it never installed anything.
    What I have tested so far without results:
    -Every possible configuration in the bios (boot order, disable fast boot, enable AHCI manually...etc)
    -Delete, assign and format each HD in the Win 7 installation
    -Install Win 7 in the original HD, same result that with the SSD
    -Install intel AHCI controller in the Win 7 installation.

Running out of ideas....
    Help me please !
    Thanks in advance.

6. a_guy

a_guy Newbie

Reputations:
    No black Friday/cyber Monday deals on the NP700Z7C....?

Going back to school starting January and was hoping these would go on sale. Should i just buy now or is there still a chance these might go on sale before the new year?

7. gopats88

gopats88 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Guys,

I am not 100% sure I am allowed to post this here, but I have a series 7 NP700Z7C-S01US that I would like to sell. It's just a little too big for me. It is in brand new condition, the only thing I have done is install a Windows 8 upgrade. Please PM for more details. I am looking to get around $1050-1000.

Thanks

8. Nomad

Nomad Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Contact me please for the NP700Z7C-S01US

9. motty

motty Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi. :hi2:
    I'm really interested in this laptop but I need a blu ray drive. Does anyone know if it's possible to swap out the DVD drive and replace it with a blu ray drive? If so, any recommendations for which blu ray drive would be suitable? I presume it would need to be slot-loading? I would also replace the hard drive for a solid state one. Thanks for any help. :)

10. Goodbad

Goodbad Newbie

Reputations:
    Does the DVD sats has 6gb/s ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.