New Samsung Series 7 NP700Z7C-S01US Laptop i7 3615QM 650m Review!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by paulnelson88, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jocelyn84

Jocelyn84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    1. So it sounds like one was problem with whatever cloning software you had. As fas as I'm aware, it's the only way to get the recovery partition onto a second disk.
    2. So you can now access the bios, great
    3. You said "Lastly, according to system info, I only have 4 GB of memory. Where's the other 8 GB?", so it should thought you may have replaced the 4gb with an 8gb stick. Anyway, if you want to see which isn't working, follow the directions I gave and let us know the brief info for each"memory device". Or, if you want to test the hardware way, take out the single stick and see if it boots. You may may also want to try reseating the replaceable 4GB.

2. bart82

bart82 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I've had some major issues with this laptop. First my HDD died - I was planning to buy SSD in a while but I had to speed up my decision. Installation went smoothly. The cover is actually quite easy to remove and to put back on. It feels You may break things but the plastic is strong. Anyway - now when I had new hardware I've opened up the recovery cd and another surprise - it is bended - optical drive won't take it. So I went ahead and downloaded windows 8 - I applied for the Ms upgrade program anyway. Everything works fine - and the system with SSD on board just flies. However there is one unknown device under device manager. Perhaps someone knows what this device is? Under details it says: ACPI/VEN_SAM&DEV_0714.
    Could someone post here a view of expanded tree of all devices listed under device manager. It would be much easier to figure out what is missing. Beside all this "surprises" its a very solid laptop.

Anyone? It's quite easy to do if you have Your Samsung NP700z7c in perfectly good shape :) Just use print screen :)

3. Ryzir

Ryzir Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There will be a few differences since I have removed the ODD and put in an SSD.
    Untitled-2.jpg

4. bart82

bart82 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks Ryzir :thumbsup: That is what I needed. I'm still looking at the tree but most of the stuff is the same. I read somewhere that ACPI devices can be tied up to a software. In this case none of samsung software is designed to be working in win 8 environment thus causing this unknown device problem. Anyone might have some other idea what is that missing device ? Thanks

5. DaReference5754

DaReference5754 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    anyone tried out the new official (!) nVidia-drivers with this notebook?

--> 306.23 WHQL

6. Ryzir

Ryzir Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had windows 8 on mine for a very short time. Were you able to find usb 3.0 drivers? If it's not that then maybe it's the Intel WiDi?

I updated but I haven't really tested it out yet.

7. Cubed

Cubed Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has anyone used the Displayport yet to output to a monitor? Does it work fine for you?

8. baseballfan

baseballfan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    i updated to 306.23 and really havent noticed anything i still can't get optimus to automatically switch the only time the dgpu turns on is if i left click / run with graphics processor / high performance nvidia processor and that dosent work on all programs. has anybody else managed to get optimus to work no matter what i do automatic switching dosnt work.

i havent had a chance to use the mini displayport yet but im gonna buy this
    ZOTAC - It's time to play! - DisplayPort to Dual HDMI Adaptor
    it should let me output from mini displayport to dual hdmi plus the 1 built in hdmi gives me outputs for 3 1080p monitors

9. Cubed

Cubed Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This laptop does NOT work with Mini-Displayport adapters. It only works when you connect mini-displayport to displayport, thats it. You can not use a DP > HDMI or DVI adapter, it just doesn't work. Very bad Samsung.

10. cherokee2217

cherokee2217 Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone think this - CT102464BF160B - 8GB stick from Crucial is a bad choice to replace one of the existing 4GB sticks the NP700Z7C ships with?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.