New Samsung Series 7 NP700Z7C-S01US Laptop i7 3615QM 650m Review!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by paulnelson88, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mastypk

mastypk Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Exactly, their phone/email/chat supports are worst :(

2. g12345

g12345 Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone here have any idea how to remove the bezel around the LCD screen? Not sure if it just clips on, or is glued on. I am having an issue with the backlight, sometimes it does not turn on and if I torque the screen it comes back on so must be a loose connection that would hopefully be an easy fix, don't want to jack up the bezel though. Would prefer not to have to send in for warranty repair if I don't have to.

3. mounstarO

mounstarO Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everybody. I just have installed ubuntu 32bits on my 700z7c and i have some problems: the touchpad doesn't work well, the screen start blink and the battery life is pretty bad. can someone help me? and excuse me for my english

4. mounstarO

Reputations:
    i didnt pricise it but the version of ubuntu is 12.04 LTS

5. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    This thread about Linux on a Series 7 may help.

John

6. Jocelyn84

Jocelyn84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Also, you might want to give Linux Mint a try...

7. mounstarO

Reputations:
    Thanks, this thread helped me a lot

8. trek400

trek400 Newbie

Reputations:
    I upgraded to a Samsung 256 SSD and am having some problems. I would appreciate any help.

Using Samsung's Recovery Solution, I backed up the System Software (drivers and applications). I did a fresh install of Windows 7 using the included System Recovery Media disc and then re-installed the drivers and applications.

I had changed the boot priority to the CD drive so I could do the fresh install and wanted to change it back. When I press F2 I can't access the BIOS, nor can I access Samsung Recovery Solution when pressing F4.

I can't re-install Samsung Recovery Solution as it appears I've lost the recovery partition.

Lastly, according to system info, I only have 4 GB of memory. Where's the other 8 GB?

How do I --

1. Get the recovery partition back?
    2. Access BIOS?
    3. Find the other 4 GB of memory?

Thank you!

9. Jocelyn84

Jocelyn84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    1. Try EASEUS partition recovery. This will work unless you formatted it, in which case it's gone and I don't believe you can get it back.

Edit: Oh I forgot about the SSD. If you want the recovery partition from the HDD to reside on your SSD, you will need to clone the disk. Unless you'll be using the HDD in an external, I'd forget about having the recovery partition on the SSD and install the regular version of Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    You want http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58997.iso 2147483647 X17-58997.iso Windows 7 Home Premium x64 English
    - Windows 7 Digital River direct links: Multiple Languages; X86 & X64 - Page 60

2. Power down then try "semi-spamming" F2 if you're long pressing

Edit2: BTW, if you push F10 during boot up, it will allow you to select which disk to boot from.

3. Download and run HWiNFO64, go to motherboard > SMBIOS DMI > Memory Devices then check the first and third Memory Device. The first will be the 4GB soldered to the board and may or may not be an Elpida stick like mine. The third will be the 8GB stick you replaced the 4GB with.

Also, can you link the 8GB stick you purchased?

10. trek400

trek400 Newbie

Reputations:
    Edit: Oh I forgot about the SSD. If you want the recovery partition from the HDD to reside on your SSD, you will need to clone the disk.

Tried cloning, but it wouldn't work. Did clean install.

2. Power down then try "semi-spamming" F2 if you're long pressing

Edit2: BTW, if you push F10 during boot up, it will allow you to select which disk to boot from.

Downloaded BIOS and F2 works. Samsung's website, IMO, doesn't have the best update section. I'm use to Toshiba's site where they call a BIOS a BIOS, not Firmware.

3. Download and run HWiNFO64, go to motherboard > SMBIOS DMI > Memory Devices then check the first and third Memory Device. The first will be the 4GB soldered to the board and may or may not be an Elpida stick like mine. The third will be the 8GB stick you replaced the 4GB with.

Also, can you link the 8GB stick you purchased?[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy an 8 GB stick. The laptop comes with a total of 8 GB of memory. One soldered on the motherboard and the other you can replace. I'm just wondering why it only shows 4 GB instead of 8 GB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.