New Samsung Series 7 NP700Z7C-S01US Laptop i7 3615QM 650m Review!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by paulnelson88, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryzir

Ryzir Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Here are some pics of the issue I am having.

This one is after waking up the computer from sleep after about 3hrs.
    Image09012012005826.jpg

This one is from a cold boot after being off all night.
    Image09012012120443.jpg

Since it only happens when the computer is cold it makes it really annoying to troubleshoot. I have an SSD arriving soon and I'll be doing a clean install. Hopefully it's just the way the drivers are installed and not a hardware issue. I haven't tried booting into Safe Mode I'll try that next time I start the computer.

2. baseballfan

baseballfan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hopefully thats not a hardware issue that could affect us all maybe its just a driver issue but if it is a hardware issue it should be covered under samsungs 1 year limited warranty against defects.

if it only happens when its cold its probably a hardware issue my ps3 did the same thing when it was cold it would get artifacts and ylods but then i had the gpu reballed and i havent had any problems with it yet but im not an expert by any means so maybe someone who knows more on the issue could help u more.

3. Deathskater

Deathskater Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well after an hour or so of GW2 CPU reached 95C and started throtleling the speeds down of gpu and cpu and gaming was getting bad they keyboard felt hot ... I was playing at 1366x768 on medium settings... I am very disappointed and will be replacing this awesome machine with a piece of crap cooling system..

4. almostinsane

almostinsane Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's a hardware issue since it happens on boot.

5. baseballfan

baseballfan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    well the question is how long have you had your system and what were u running on it because if this any indication of what will happen to my system after running it hard im gonna return mine in the 30 day return period.

6. Ryzir

Reputations:
    Just because it happens on boot doesn't means it's hardware. Boot also loads drivers and I never tested cold boot in Safe Mode.

I uninstalled both display drivers, ran Driver Fusion.
    Rebooted in Safe Mode and ran Driver Fusion.
    Rebooted in Safe Mode and installed intel HD 4000.
    Rebooted normally, ran Driver Fusion on nVidia drivers.
    Rebooted in Safe Mode and installed nVidia Drivers.
    Rebooted normally.

I put it to sleep for 3 hours and just woke it up and it worked perfectly. I'll test cold boot tomorrow morning.

7. Jocelyn84

Jocelyn84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I agree with what you said about the hardware above and I hope it goes away, but if it doesn't I'd re-install using the standard/preferred safe mode way. I say this because there are Nvidia related things inside the HD4000 and I've never seen anyone recommend using any other method than this.

Uninstall physx under programs
    Uninstall Intel HD4000 and Nividia drivers in device manager (Make sure to check delete driver software with this device).
    Reboot into safe mode, run Driver fusion and wipe HD4000/Nvidia stuff.
    Reboot normally, install HD4000 drivers, reboot, install Nvidia drivers.

8. lynucs

lynucs Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The cpu shouldn't go any higher than about 15 to 20 degrees below the max temp which is 105C or 221F, but will still be fine even at those temps, only worry if it goes over the max.

temp.png

9. Jocelyn84

Jocelyn84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  10. Ryzir

Reputations:
    I think I read that both SATA connectors are 3 but I'd have to do some digging to find where I read that. There is a cheaper caddy that someone successfully installed linked earlier in this thread (Post #1082) edit: Looks like the are the same caddy. I ordered the $12 one and it says Jeyi on it (the auction shows picture without the Jeyi label) and looks identical to the one you linked.

Bad news on my end. I started up the computer in safe mode on Sun and had the problem. Did a completely clean install and still have the problem. Looks like a hardware issue :mad: I haven't decided if I'm going to return or get it fixed through Samsung.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.