New Samsung Series 7 NP700Z7C-S01US Laptop i7 3615QM 650m Review!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by paulnelson88, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryzir

Ryzir Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Doing a hard re-boot fixes the problem. The problem also happened with the vga drivers from Samsung's website. I have even used a driver cleaner in-between installs.

2. Deathskater

Deathskater Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Someone told me there is a bug where gw2 uses 99% gpu when it shouldnt and also throttles the cpu more than its needed and causes higher temps

3. Jocelyn84

Jocelyn84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Did you use driver fusion and uninstall original drivers, then boot into safe mode before running it?

Which drivers are you using? I'd suggest the latest Intel/Nvidia if you're not already. Also, I'm sure ArenaNet will tweak it some more over the next few weeks/months. Like I said, the temps might be a little high, but the laptop itself doesn't feel incredibly hot externally.

4. Deathskater

Reputations:
    Using latest nvidia and stock intel I havn't messed with those

5. Jocelyn84

Jocelyn84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What's your ambient temperature?

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk

6. baseballfan

baseballfan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    just finished updating to nvidia 306.02. i think that 306.02 gives better graphics switching and i gained a few fps. i ran realflight g4.5 for around an hour at max settings. my highest temp was 69c and it averaged 40fps and it reached a boost clock of 835mhz plugged in and 745mhz on battery. but one thing i still dont get is that it seems that the hd4000 runs it better on low settings at 300fps vs around 200fps for the 650m. but the 650m scores much better on max settings at around 40fps when the hd4000 only gets around 15fps. Does anybody have the slightest idea why this is happening?:confused:

i just ran the wei and my graphics and gaming graphics score dropped from 7.1 to 6.5.

7. Deathskater

Reputations:
    pretty hot actually... it can get to 85F-92F Damn Puerto Rico

8. Deathskater

Reputations:
    BTW I have read people saying the trackpad is bad abd unresponsive ... I could say there is near to no difference to a 2010 macbook wich I had.. I like it so far.

9. baseballfan

baseballfan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    coming from a samsung rv511 i really like the macbook style trackpad on this laptop although i havent tried multi touch yet

10. Deathskater

Reputations:
    I am constantly using 2 finger scrolling, zoom , zoom out etc I use all of the trackpad features and Can't complain about it at all.

BTW for those of you playing guild wars 2 setting the cpu to 70% will decrease temps and will not affect fps. I called arenanet and they told me there seems to be some issues where the game fools the pc into using more cpu than it should. probably has to do with optimus drivers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.