New Sager(Clevo) NP8954 & NP8955...?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Bensmack, May 26, 2018.

1. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:

Haven't compared these particular ones side by side, but I still can't really tell a 2ms difference in response time and have trouble seeing the Hz difference so I'd say my biggest consideration would be whether you prefer a wider color gamut (get the 94% TN) or a wider viewing angle (get the IPS panel) ? I'd personally go for the TN since I do't really see myself using it from an angle where the IPS would matter that much.

aIex likes this.
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It can be more annoying to keep the sweet spot with a TN.

3. Bensmack

Bensmack Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well guys, chalk this fail up on me being impatient...but I found a deal with Prostar through Amazon on their version of the NP8955. I received it yesterday...not only was the screen bezel warped badly...there were two bright/dead pixels in the center of the screen.

I'm returning this today and will likely just have to wait until xoticpc gets stocked up on the IPS panels for those units...smh.

4. ahmad hendeh

ahmad hendeh Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's what happens when basic quality control is locked behind a paywall to keep prices down.

Gentech at least offers a free no dead pixel guarantee

5. Bensmack

Bensmack Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yeah, it's pretty disappointing, especially because I had it in-hand, a very sleek and thin laptop...fantastic design...and even the 144hz screen amazed me at first...and then the bright pixels popped up, and it was like a punch in the gut!!

I've already processed the return and it's on it's way back to Prostar. Now I just have to wait...even longer...for xoticpc to come through and correct my momentary lapse in judgement and restore my faith in boutique vendors!

6. Support.4@XOTIC PC

Support.4@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    We're here for you @Bensmack !! ;)

7. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    We're going to be keeping a close eye out for this one so we can address it with our production team once it arrives. Sorry about the disappointment, Ben! Do reach out if there's anything else we can do.

8. Bensmack

Bensmack Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Oh, a rep!! @Support.4@XOTIC PC I submitted a price match request but I haven't heard anything all day...can I go ahead and place the order and have the price updated if it's approved? I believe the model is still backordered until June 12th, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks!

9. Bensmack

Bensmack Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    UPDATE! So, I have to give some props to Prostar and their reps here on NBR, specifically JeffB. @ Pro-star, for helping resolve my dilemma. They converted my return into an RMA replacement and got me a new system in less than a week. So far so good with this new unit...no complaints and let me just say the 144hz screen is pretty nice! Prostar stepped up and made right by me and thank you everyone for the tips and help.

10. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Thanks Ben! Hopefully the replacement treats you well. Reach out to me again anytime you need us.