New Razer Blade & Razer Blade Pro

Discussion in 'Razer' started by neoideo, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hookerlips

Hookerlips Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Amazon has the 256 14" up for pre order... I don't see the 512gb version though. And they don't give any indication when they will get the 256gb version either

2. Ellyidol

Ellyidol Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In my opinion, I'd say a bit of both. From the way the brand has been growing and expanding, I'd safely assume that demands for their products consistently grow and spike at every revision. I'm sure they know that. But knowing Min, especially after watching one of his interviews which shows how much of a perfectionist he is, it's probably difficult to secure a manufacturer that can live up to his standards, make them fast, and keep the cost manageable. Should be either of the two, but I wouldn't really know unless I get inside info =P Clearly it's not Cheap-Fast, since they're really high quality products.

Basically, Fast - High Quality - Cheap. You can choose two. From my perspective as a consumer, I wouldn't really know if they're opting for a HQ-Fast or HQ-Cheap manufacturing combo. I'd like to say HQ-Fast which justifies the premium tag, but it's possible that they're also doing a HQ-Cheap to really increase their profit margins, which could explain the delays in their products.

I've found that their distribution has improved over the years though. From the first Blade up to now.

3. mario64

mario64 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In the interest of sharing "both sides of the coin", I wanted to pass along the positive aspects of my time so far with the 14" Blade. The design itself (form factor, etc) is outstanding. The keyboard is great to type/play on and I especially love the trackpad! It's large and sensitive and the mechanical buttons feel great. The speakers are incredible, fans are whisper quiet and heat barely noticeable. The fans are in fact so quiet that more than once I wondered if they were even working. They are of course but even playing games like Far Cry 3, Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light you can barely hear them. Additionally, the system is truly a power house for gaming. Granted it isn't a GTX 780m or anything but I've yet to find a game that isn't smooth and playable. For example, I'm getting ~33fps on Metro LL on high quality at native res. If NVidia would get on the ball and release a set of 765m drivers which contain all their optimizations for these new games I'm sure performance would be even better. Naturally it blows away older games.

4. phoduma

phoduma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    too many bad reviews on the screen, ill pass on razer.. maybe next time, not paying $2000 for a crappy screen lmafo

5. Sigtyr

Sigtyr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    FYI for people waiting on their pre-orders. I just got an email stating mine would be fulfilled on the 25th so they really are working on the pre-orders.

6. johnz1d

johnz1d Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ended up cancelling my pre-order.. figured it's better to be safe than sorry no matter what ends up being the case! If reviews say the screen in nice, I'll re-buy!

7. Nivaku

Nivaku Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @mario64,

What are your load and idle CPU/GPU temps?

8. Kojakuu

Kojakuu Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    This is EXACTLY what I was talking about! The inconsistency and lack of info is super frustrating.

Kojaku

9. e4chan

e4chan Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the update. But did you get an email last week that it was on back order? Or is this the first email you received re: order from razer?

10. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    win 7 had a way to make either bios or EFI boot, the default was bios. Since the system is EFI based it wont load the bootloader

Installing Windows to an EFI-Based Computer

Installing Windows 7 in native EFI mode from USB - bit-tech.net Forums

for win 8 the default is EFI, so to support secure boot

most drivers are forward and backward compatible. Simply put I would deal with win 8 and use something like those give start button back, its a superior OS, no questions about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.