New Razer Blade & Razer Blade Pro

Discussion in 'Razer' started by neoideo, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    you can see from the pic that they are, and exactly located on where the rmbp 13 ram is, have you saw the size of cooling backplate on the left side? I think its covering the vram

Screen Shot 2013-05-31 at 8.53.19 AM.png

click to expand, you can see better the size of the backplate

I dont want to imagine what broadwell would bring to this babe, possibly 16gb at least of DDR4, with hopefully some thunderbolt goodness so I can overcome the lack of ports and maxwell or whatever amd is going to name the 9000m series

in other words consider me trying hard to withhold purchasing this thing

2. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  3. Hybrys

Hybrys That Damn Cactuar!

Reputations:
    I really wasn't. To call it a high end 17" gaming laptop, and stick a 555/660/765 in it is laughable for that price point, which could often earn you a 770m+.

Also, when will people finally realize that the 765m is the new 660m. It's going to be the most common GPU, and you won't see much of the 760m I bet.

The 14 inch, I'm a little bit more impressed by. But it defeats their price point justification by leaving out Switchblade. In the coming months, I bet you'll see an ASUS G47 with better specs, .5lb heavier, 1/4 inch thicker, and $700 less.

4. hockeymass

hockeymass that one guy

Reputations:
    Razer's getting a lot closer to what I'd consider an actual gaming machine with this. The 765m is actually respectable, unlike the 555 that the original had.

How will Broadwell bring 16GB of memory? What?

5. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    i really doubt that the g47 is going to be just 0.5lbs heavier and 1/4inch thincker, really really doubt that. The current design is 2.5kg, i.e. 5.51lbs, not to mention the lateral and vertical sizes are much larger, can it be more powerful than the blade? hell yes, will it be? i dont know really now. Will it be more flexible in terms of what you get? yes, without a doubt

6. fantabrothe

fantabrothe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    insanely beautiful..and priced! i dont like embedded ddr banks but it's a great choice for portability needs, i'm moving in that direction so i find this product very interesting, don't know overall quality of this brand, i assume high level...
    I'm following Msi GE40 as alternative, maybe in future there will be also a configurable barebone but price is very different...

7. slurry

slurry Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Irritating when people bring in "what you could get for the same price." We understand that, for the price, you could get more power. BUT the reason we are looking at laptops such as the Blade is because of the form factor and appearance as well as system performance. If an ugly, massive, heavy, and cheap feeling laptop was what I wanted, I would buy a Clevo or Asus. But, since I value portability, looks, and materials/build quality as much as performance, I couldn't be paid to buy one of those. Let us look at shiny Razers and Alienwares without constantly being reminded how "we could get so much more in a cheaper Clevo"

yes, you can get more hp out of a supra with a massive turbo, but it still wont have the look, feel and quality of an audi r8.

Oukami likes this.
  8. IceStorm

IceStorm Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the first two Blades and an Edge Pro. I'll be up at 3.01am EDT on June 3rd to pre-order the 14" Blade. Will probably skip the Blade Pro since I can add more disk space to my existing Blade R2 if I wanted to and the 660M is fine for me.

9. phoduma

phoduma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    what a rip off for $1800, i could get a 10lbs super laptop SLI ! :cool:

10. Rykoshet

Rykoshet Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That said...Anybody want to sell a Blade 1 or 2?

I just want a 17" in a thin package and don't care for graphics...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.