New Razer Blade & Razer Blade Pro

Discussion in 'Razer' started by neoideo, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kent1146

kent1146 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    No definite update from this topic. However, nVidia is going to be releasing GeForce 980MX and 970MX laptop GPUs. They are slight improvements over 980M and 970M parts.

They are all using Maxwell G204 cores. Maxwell-based GPUs come from full trying to produce full Maxwell GPU dies. But you're always going to get manufacturing defect as a natural part of the production process. So they disable the portions of the GPU die, and use the remaining fully-operational portions of the GPU die to sell as lower-spec parts (GeForce 970, 970M, 960, 960M, etc).

My guess is that they've been making Maxwell GPUs for so long that their yield quality is getting higher, to the point where they can predict that there is enough supply of these new MX parts. TDP remains unchanged on these parts, so they can be a direct drop-in to current laptops that support 980M / 970M.

I'd love to see a new Razer Blade early-2016 model with an Intel Core i7-6700HQ, DDR4 memory, NVMe support, USB 3.1 Type C support, and a GeForce 970MX. And then see a late-2016 refresh, using a Pascal-based GeForce 1070M once those GPUs become readily available to manufacturers.

2. Makyura

Makyura Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My friend's just got a Spyder4 Elite, so I stole it for a while to pimp my Blade screen, here are the profiles for anyone who's interested.

Profile no. 2 is for rooms filled with some good light, while no. 1 is for darker ones.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C587BC616741816E!4535&authkey=!AMnMwegWF9plXwk&ithint=folder,

Hope it helps.

By the way, using this my screen achieved 99% sRGB and 76% aRGB, much higher than values which people got on notebook reviews, hope it'll work well for you too!

Charles P. Jefferies likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.