New Razer Blade & Razer Blade Pro

Discussion in 'Razer' started by neoideo, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varun.gid

varun.gid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is it true that the Blade's 765M GPU is underclocked compared to Alienware 14's same GPU?

2. Jamesng1986

Jamesng1986 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    As far as i'm concerned, they are the same clock speeds. Double checked it with my friend's Alienware 14.

3. varun.gid

Reputations:
    Great thanks. i was reading in the alienware 14 forums that razer blade's GPU was under clocked or under volted wanted to make sure as i'm deciding to buy between the 2. So the Gaming performance will be exactly the same as Alienware 14?

4. Jamesng1986

Jamesng1986 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The GPU are for sure clocked the same in both machine (@ default clocks) and the GPU in the Blade is definitely not underclocked or under-volted in anyway. Assuming you are deciding between the Alienware 14 and the Blade 14, i have the following information for you. Now it depends on which screen you choose to have on your Alienware 14. They have a HD display with a resolution of 1366x768 pixels or a sharper Full HD display with 1920x1080 pixels. If you pick the 1366x768 screen, then the Alienware 14 will perform slightly better since the native resolution is lower thus the GPU doesn't have to work as hard which also means the quality of the display would be "lower" than the Blade 14. If you picked the latter choice of screen, then the Alienware 14 will perform slightly worst compared to the Blade 14 if it is running at their respective native resolution but overall it will look better since its native res is higher than the Blade 14 which also means the GPU got to work harder for that higher res. The Blade 14's native res is 1600x900.

Summary:
    If you take the 1366x768 screen for the Alienware 14, it will perform better than the Blade 14 when gaming while sacrificing on the overall quality of what's displayed.
    If you take the 1920x1080 screen for the Alienware 14, it will perform slightly worst than the Blade 14 when gaming while gaining a better quality of whats displayed.

Also try to give some thought about what else you want out of your machine too. Such as weight factor, battery life, upgrade-ability, build quality, "swag-ness" etc. Then you can be sure that whichever one you buy, would ultimately suits your needs and you be happy overall with what you decide to purchase in the end.

Good luck! :)

somemale likes this.
  5. varun.gid

Reputations:
    Thanks for the detail comparison Jamesng1986. I was looking at the 1080p screen only.
    Razer suits my needs, just the screen issues people been saying is holding me back. Looks like i will now toss a coin and decide ;) haha!

6. johnnobts

johnnobts Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    razer is announcing a new product tomorrow, min-liang tan is hinting with a photo of a (laptop keyboard) saying "its what's on the inside that counts." presuming its a blade refresh, with a new 860m or 870/75? this may prompt me to return my aorus x7 which arrives tomorrow.

7. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Figures, I just bought one lol.

8. b0gd4n

b0gd4n Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    doesn't really look like a laptop keyboard. it looks like a normal keyboard. prob some new cherry keyboard.

9. Frag

Frag Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If the announcement is a Blade refresh then maybe the chiclet keyboard is gone because the picture shows curved keys that are much larger.

10. johnnobts

johnnobts Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i think its a standard pc keyboard too unfortunately. will probably keep my aorus now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.