New Razer Blade & Razer Blade Pro

Discussion in 'Razer' started by neoideo, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellyidol

Ellyidol Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I see. Thank you for this info!

I'm hoping this is just an nvidia driver issue, since I never got this type of BSOD before. I'll update as well if I know more!

2. neoideo

neoideo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Going back to the problem of static noise when using phones. Did someone found any fix or that? i realized i also have it and it only manifests when power source is plugged in, could it be the power brick that is defective ? or is it a design problem of the blade?

edit: it also manifests when on battery, when playing a movie for example. But it is much lower than with the power brick.
    The only moment when static goes away is under battery and idle.

3. Ellyidol

Reputations:
    Does the static noise sound like a 'watery current' noise? Which gets louder/intensifies with more HDD/CPU usage?

If yes to any of my questions, it sounds a lot like the problem I had with my RBP. I heard that it's a common grounding issue with such thin laptops. Mine disappeared when on battery though...

4. Jamesng1986

Jamesng1986 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've had those issues when i first got my Blade Pro. What i did first was to do a complete restore to factory default. However, even after that, i still get the same issue. I'm not too sure what is the real cause of this because i went back to the shop i bought the laptop from and got it replaced. The replaced unit that i received did not have the same issue and is performing fine. Maybe we got a lemon?

5. mindinversion

mindinversion Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Razer insisted over the phone I needed to RMA it, but Newegg CLAIMS that after 12 hours of what they called "pc benchmark" it had no failures and is not defective. I should have it back today or tomorrow, and then I'll be able to do some more testing.

I suspect at some point I'm going to have to RMA to Razer, but it doesn't SEEM like a hardware failure.

6. Ellyidol

Reputations:
    I'm leaning on it not being a hardware issue as well, since I never had this type of problem before and it seems to have surfaced only from the new drivers. Hopefully it doesn't 'break' anything, lol.

7. neoideo

Reputations:
    yes and yes. Yesterday i was in a very quiet place and realized that the static is proportional to the amount of work the laptop is doing.
    Also, the static varies depending on the headphones. Yesterday i was using those that get inserted very deep in the ears, and come with integrated bass. I think that the standard headphones that cover the ear competely have much less.

8. Ellyidol

Reputations:
    It really sounds like my grounding issue, in that case. I had to RMA it to get it resolved :(

9. Xeneize

Xeneize Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Razer Blade 14" owners.... Have a few questions for you.

First of all, coming from Alienware (had pretty much every model at one point or another) I can say that I loved my M18x (R1) and my M14x (R2) but the Razer Blade is on a completely different category, truly a mobile gaming laptop.

My questions:

1) If I was to upgrade my SSD and replace it for two M500 480gb on a RAID 0, from what I understand, this can be done, however has anyone actually attempted to replace the existing drive? I'm assuming RAID 0 is supported by BIOS? DOes anyone have a video/pictures of the process?

2) If I do replace the drives, where can I get the version of Windows 8 that came with my laptop? is there a way to get it from a Razer "cloud"? I did not receive a DVD/USB with the Win 8 source files. Also, would like to get the "look and feel" Razer has on their installs

3) I cannot seem to get into the BIOS, I hit F1/DEL on post one at a time or both simultaneously with no luck. What am I missing?

4) Has anyone created a good Monitor Calibration profile that they can share?

5) I understand the latest drivers don't work with the Blade, so updating them through Nvidia Experience is not something Razer recommends?

6) What are the recommended Killer drivers being used?

7) This laptop is incredibly silent, I mean pretty scary, running 3DMark, I can't hear any fans at all... is this normal??

8) However, what I can hear is a very soft chirping/fast clicking for 3-4 seconds when I load an app, it's random but it;s there.... any thoughts as to what the clicking can be? It does not happen when gaming, seems to only happening when launching an app for example. Not sure if I should return it to Amazon for a new one, but curious to see if anyone else has this issue.

Thanks for all the help

10. neoideo

Reputations:
    I wonder what is the technical reason for this to occur. Since i live very far from the United States, I will have to open the laptop one day and see if i can do something, with the help of a friend which is an electrical engineer. For the moment i can live with it, but if one day i am willing to sell it, i will have to solve it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.