New Razer Blade & Razer Blade Pro

Discussion in 'Razer' started by neoideo, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damadama

damadama Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    just wanted to drop in and say that I love this laptop. tend to only get issues/problems posted here, not enough love going around.

couple quick notes for those considering purchase.... screen is not the dealbreaker some make it out to be, works fine for me.

only thing I could say is the keyboard and trackpad buttons could have a little better tactile feedback, but im quickly adapting to it and I think it will soon be a non-issue.

2. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Good point, damadama. The ones who are happy with their Blade often don't feel the need to post, so the thread appears loaded with complaints.

3. ArcticMonkeys

ArcticMonkeys Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Damn, everytime I decided what laptop I want to buy, the availability constantly is the problem. Has anyone know where can I get this machine in the UK?

4. caeg

caeg Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Happy to say that after a long wait, dealing with some bad customer service, and 2 replacement laptops, I've finally got a working flawless Razer Blade Pro.

5. Ellyidol

Ellyidol Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Really happy for you! Now don't make silly mistakes and accidentally scratch it (like me). Lol.

6. peculiarpanda

peculiarpanda Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Is it normal to have ~20% memory usage on bootup? When I look at my processes there are only a few above 20mb peaking at 90. Just wondering if it's normal or if I should be concerned for my RB 14"

EDIT: Here's a general question too. Can you use a regular headphone splitter to split the headphone/mic combo jack on the RB 14" to allow for two headphone inputs?

7. tangerines

tangerines Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yeah, that amount of memory usage is normal. Windows and most OS's will preload commonly used programs, recent files, and a lot of other things into ram in addition to the typical running processes. Having more ram will also just cause the OS to preload more stuff in ram as well. After all, there's no sense having ram lying around not doing anything.

8. sherifone

sherifone Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have you reported the issue to Razer? I just put in a ticket for my "flashing" green/red webcam. I think all of us that are suffering from it should get in touch with them so they can issue some kind of driver update. It really seems to me that it is some kind of white balance issue and they just need to give us manual control or write better logic for it.

9. JoJotaro

JoJotaro Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm waiting for it to become available on amazon.com or get released in the UK. In a recent interview Min-Liang said they're try to get support ready for all of Europe in Germany and in the next few months release it across Europe.

10. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sounds more like an AGC issue. (automatic gain control)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.