New Razer Blade Pro (FHD / 1060)

Discussion in 'Razer' started by rickybambi, Aug 31, 2017.

1. rickybambi

rickybambi Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  2. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    2300??? for gtx1060?

don_svetlio likes this.
  3. don_svetlio

don_svetlio In the Pipe, Five by Five.

Reputations:
    At least maybe it won't overheat :D

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    True, also 120Hz screen, no g sync, slotted RAM, ssd m.2 (not nvme) and HD and smaller battery.
    Of course expensive but that is expected from Razer. For Razer fans it might be an option for those that want more screen real estate and willing to pay more.

Vasudev and don_svetlio like this.
  5. kent1146

kent1146 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Razer isn't selling price-to-performance. You never get that with Razer.

You're paying for design & build quality. Razer products are for people that want good-enough performance, but prioritize a thin and portable design, and want high-quality materials like aluminum for the chassis; and are willing to pay for that.

Can you get a 17" 1080p laptop with a GTX 1060 in for cheaper than $2300? Of course. Can you find one thinner or better-built than a Razer Blade Pro? That's harder to do. And some people are willing to pay for that.

PRIMEcai likes this.
  6. rickybambi

rickybambi Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    As someone whose been in the market for and spending the last few months researching portable gaming laptops, I'm a bit confused by this product.

With the new laptop announcements at IFA from Acer and Asus, those companies seem to be on the tip of the spear in terms of incorporating and pushing new technology forward.

My impression of Razer is that they've stopped innovating, are resting on their laurels, and instead of pushing the envelope are putting out things that are mediocre. Another example, in addition to this Pro update is the last Stealth. Thin bezels are great but what would have been greater is if it also incorporated Nvidia's MX150 and Intel's new 8th generation CPU's. That would be an impressive ultrabook.

At any rate, I actually do like the Razer Blade (not pro) a lot and am always on the fence of just pulling the trigger and getting one. But, I then reminder the quality control issues and hold off.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  7. pbhenry3

pbhenry3 Company Representative

Reputations:
    to be honest, if you are looking to buy a razer blade 14, in my opinion, the most reliable iteration there is, is the 2015 touchscreen model with the 4720hq, 16gb ram, 970m 3gb version. The 2015 model has some corrections made for defects found in the 2013 and 2014 models. however, the 2016 model is a board redesign and some things seem to be for worse from there upwards unfortunately. Time will tell more, I'm just now starting to see the 2016 and 2017 show up here.

Vasudev, don_svetlio and Vistar Shook like this.
  8. mosc2k

mosc2k Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    wow !!! great new !!!

One question, will there be a possibility to upgrade to a 1070gtx ? After looking on the games benchmarks i am afraid, a 1060 wont be enough for gaming even for FullHD

9. pbhenry3

pbhenry3 Company Representative

Reputations:
    MXM is not used, and razer has never offered different gpu options for a specific model, so if it is coming with a 1060, theres no practical way to upgrade to 1070. What worries you that a 1060 wont be enough?

Vasudev and Vistar Shook like this.
  10. mosc2k

mosc2k Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    thanks! I guess you are right, i made a wrong research :) 1060 gtx

One more question, does the screen have touchscreen? What do you guys think when does it come out?