New Razer Blade (2015)

Discussion in 'Razer' started by .PoNeH, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wawawa

wawawa Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    oh really? My mistake then. I was recalling from recent memory when I was pricing a Sager that the screen upgrade was only $250 or something, but that one is actually a 3840 x 2160 screen non-touch.
    I think Dell also has a similar screen upgrade for the XPS for $400 but they also upgraded the graphic card, cpu and ram as well.

2. Ciggles

Ciggles Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What type of benchmarks are you seeing on games like Starcraft II, Battlefield 4, Far Cry 4, and Shadow of Mordor?

Trying to decide between the Razer, the MSI
    Ghost Pro, the Clevo P650 and the Clevo P750zm and while the Clevo units are more powerful (and thus also bigger), the portability of the Razer is appealing since I already have a nice SLI Desktop unit for demanding games and the fact that the Blade scales down to 900p nicely due to the stock panel resolution seemed like a good way to extend the life of the machine.

3. acabal

acabal Newbie

Reputations:
    Quick update: Received my replacement today. No dead pixels, but it has the same yellow-left pink-right tint to the screen that the first unit had.
    After doing some Googling it seems that this is actually a fairly common issue for iPads and Macbook Airs too. It must have something to do with the screen manufacturing process for hi-DPI displays.
    Despite that, I'm not yet sure if I want to keep the new unit. I do a lot of graphics work and consistent color temperature is important. It wouldn't be too bad if the entire panel was strong in a single color, but the fact that it shifts from yellow to pink makes it nearly impossible to calibrate.
    Anyone else run in to this issue? It's most visible on totally white screens, like a maximized Google homepage.

4. jagr

jagr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    has anyone opened up the 2015 blade? is there an extra ssd slot like the 2013 model?

5. ChrisAtsin

ChrisAtsin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No

6. ledzepp14

ledzepp14 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    could those who have the 1080p version comment on the display quality? any light bleeds or ghosting?

7. LVNeptune

LVNeptune Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm pretty touchy when it comes to color reproduction and I've used 4 different blades (2014 and 2015 models) and none exhibit the issues you are experiencing.

8. Geedub

Geedub Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just got the Razer Blade 2015 with a 256GB SSD, installed my favorite software. When I attempted to install the latest nvidia 245.20 drivers and they did not recognize the GTX 970M. The current version is the 344.77 driver. Anyone else have any success upgrading the drivers?

9. LVNeptune

LVNeptune Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm running the newest drivers.

10. MishoXV

MishoXV Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey, I just received my RB 2015 last night and got to play with it little bit. I am impressed with the build quality but is anyone else disappointed with the bezel size of the screen? I am coming from a HP Envy Spectre 14 and so the RB should blow it away but the bezel size is kind of bothering me.
    Also, I installed windows updates and after it restarted, I can't open windows updates again. I did a refresh of the computer and after installing the windows updates again, again it won't open windows update. Not sure what is going on. Maybe I need to do a full recovery. Besides the Nvidia drivers, anything else we need to install?
    Lastly, how do you guys deal with the scaling issues. I kept it on 3K but the buttons for controlling a video on youtube for example were too small. Do I just change the screen resolution to 1900 x 1080?
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.