New Razer Blade (2015)

Discussion in 'Razer' started by .PoNeH, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LVNeptune

LVNeptune Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Got it yesterday.

Just realized the 512GB model costs more than any MBP. :D Finally something that isn't TOO gimped and costs an arm and a leg! It's like getting raped by Apple but not.

2. jp1234

jp1234 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  3. LVNeptune

LVNeptune Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Generic chargers, especially on gaming notebooks, aren't a good idea.

4. maxheap

maxheap caparison horus :)

Reputations:
    The Way Its Meant To Be Presented.

moviemarketing likes this.
  5. maxheap

Reputations:
    I feel like 47W cpu is a mistake on Blade, it already ran way too hot before. Can we get some temperature charts people? Like an hour of gaming (crysis 3 is a good benchmark) fans seem to spin around the neighborhood of thin and powerful form factors (50-54db), i wish they released a laptop with 37W cpu and 965m (2013 model was golden in terms of power form factor and heat management). I am kind of skeptical that in this form factor it will manage the heat.. Still it is the best looking gaming laptop on the market, enjoy folks!! :)

6. ChrisAtsin

ChrisAtsin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    They probably did it because the GPU now has a much lower TDP. To be honest I'm pleasantly surprised by the temps. I did the intel XTU stress test for 15 minutes with the CPU utilisation being at 98-100% the whole time. It got hot at the beginning but when the fans got into full speed, the temps stayed at 88-90 degrees which I think is reasonable. The GPU is very cool too. After 3 firestrike runs, it got to 82 degrees which is fine to me. I think it's a good package.

7. maxheap

Reputations:
    I wouldnt call it good, but at least it survives for now (90c on cpu and 82c on gpu is quite hot) anadtech's review shows kind of heating towards 85c and then down to 80c constantly. Not to say its bad, i think it is the best choice for a gaming laptop, though i miss the excellent heat management of 2013 model. At the same time 970m is a marvel, it is too tough to hold it back for a minor win in temperature department. If cpu was 37w it would have been much better.. Either way it seems to be slowly reaching that 3k gaming level, next gen nvidia will be amazing :)

Edit: also try to undervolt, i am suffering the same issue on p35x, -60mV on cpu makes 6-7c difference on gpu temps!

8. ChrisAtsin

Reputations:
    10+ degrees below maximum safe temperature during a stress test seems good to me to be honest. It's not a processor that anyone should try to everclock anyway. It's true that lower is always better but I definitely believe that full load at 90°C in that kind of package is good. When playing games the GPU never gets to the 80s. Even 82 is well below thermal limits so I'd consider that good too especially in laptops when these GPUs are only in use when intense activities are running. A 37W CPU would have been cooler but I don't think the difference would have been that significant. The 2013 blade got just about as hot according to the notebook check review. And Yeah I guess 3K gaming is possible when you dial down settings but I can't even max out The Sims 4 at 3K with constant 30+ FPS so I'll stick to 900p for now.

9. maxheap

Reputations:
    I have the 2013 version and cpu gpu both stay at 70s, the laptop is running strong for 1.5 years already. Anyway, enjoy the laptop mate!

10. ChrisAtsin

Reputations:
    Thanks. How has the battery life changed on that model over time? Is it still as good as when you first purchased your machine?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.