New Razer Blade (2015)

Discussion in 'Razer' started by .PoNeH, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ledzepp14

ledzepp14 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i was hoping reviews would be out already for the 1080p Blade, as i really want that one, but just couldn't take the plunge without knowing how the temps are.

i actually have one with a usb fan. even with that, i found the MBP got pretty hot. it's just how the aluminum spreads the heat i guess.

2. ChrisAtsin

ChrisAtsin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Don't expect the 1080p version to be cooler as it has the same CPU, GPU and cooling setup so it should hit the same temps and I think the purpose of the table fan is to keep the vents unobstructed while separating the laptop from your lap. It's not supposed to cool the laptop. I will probably get myself one.

3. Geedub

Geedub Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Why not consider the MSI Ghost Pro that weighs the same, is as thin, has two *user upgradable* mSATA slots plus one *user upgradable* 2.5" SATA bay, two actual *user upgradable* SoDIMM slots and a 15.6" high quality IPS screen, plus has HDMI 1.4 AND DisplyPort for $200 less (and has been available for the last six months). Only thing Blade may have going for it is the better battery life. Not sure how much better it will be though.

Not entirely true, I own a MSI GS Ghost Pro with 3k screen and the msata drives are mounted on the opposite side of the motherboard under the keyboard requiring extensive disassembling to flip the board over and expose the drives. A feat not for the inexperienced user to attempt. The 2.5" HDD is about the only component that's easily accessed for upgrading.

What's the wait time for getting a new RB 14 delivered after ordering? Thinking about picking one up.

4. kmera

kmera Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    that and a better build quality, plus I personally much prefer the looks of the blade. but yeah, thats just my oppinion ;)

5. kmera

kmera Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    that and a better build quality, plus I personally much prefer the looks of the blade. but yeah, thats just my oppinion ;)

6. aaronjb

aaronjb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ghost Pro 3k seems like the best balance, but I haven't seen them for sale anywhere.

7. mollysantana

mollysantana Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Good review here of the RB15

8. Angelwing

Angelwing Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Get it today or looking like Monday?

9. ChrisAtsin

ChrisAtsin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My Blade arrived today by the way. The build quality trumps anything I've ever owned really. It looks even better built than the rMBP.

10. Angelwing

Angelwing Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Someone I work with had just bought a 15' MBP and then saw this and mentioned her thoughts to me on my RB - "WTF is that? - OOO touch screen. I want one.

LVNeptune likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.