New R61 Purchase, Did I do OK?

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by davkj, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davkj

davkj Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I thought about getting the RAM from NewEgg, but the Lenovo prices were OK, plus I didn't have to open the laptop and it will be covered by warranty. If I was going for 4G, I would have certainly purchased from NewEgg, since it would be much cheaper.

I was on the fence about getting a 7200 160G drive, but I have a 120G 5400 in my HP dv6244 and I can live with the performance. Should also cut down on the heat.

I am disappointed to hear of the lid problems, guess I'll see when I get it. I had the CPU whine in my HP, but was able to get rid of it with a BIOS setting. Hope I don't have that issue, it was very annoying.

Just to let everyone know, I had a friend who is an IBM employee price this laptop out with his EPP, my price was $6 less.:D It looks like the current pricing is very, very good.

2. stebesplace

stebesplace Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Even with the surfing, movie watching, etc., I would still go with the Discreet card, in this case, the NVS 140M. Plenty good for everything, even light gaming. If you do hard core gaming, and 3d rendering, then go with a T series.

3. stebesplace

stebesplace Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Good deal with the RAM, though I am pretty sure if you go to 4 GB later on, opening up to replace the RAM does not void your warranty. Yeah let me know once you get it on the lid. I havn't gotten good word from anyone else on the lids not closing properly, but we shall see...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.