New Purchase - EVOC P750TM1-G

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Vision Star Media, Jun 9, 2018.

1. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You are wrong, the R7 2700 runs at 3.4GHz when all threads are loaded:

[​IMG]

And aside from the lack of CPU upgradeability, Ryzen laptop also does not have access to same high speed, low latency RAM (3200C14 or better) that desktop does, which really benefits Infinity Fabric. SO-DIMM is really crappy compared to desktop modules, not to mention laptop motherboards aren't physically capable of running TOTL modules at their rated specs.

Vistar Shook, Papusan and raz8020 like this.
  2. Quadron

Quadron Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wow, you really like bashing people when you have no clue what you're talking about. You're completely wrong about the 2700 nearly matching the 2700x. Here's a review where it only scored 1560. http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_7_2700_review,9.html

Another where it scored around 1540: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ryzen-5-2600-and-Ryzen-7-2700-Review.303828.0.html

As I said, there is a TDP difference and clock speed difference. It can't match 2700x speeds.

I give up trying explain that me and many others don't experience frame drops... Some do for sure, and if you regularly edit with skipping codec then for sure it'd be worth switching. But me and many others don't... It's not a decisive factor in choosing it unless it's something bothering your personal workflow. 8700k is the clear winner for my workflow (one I ordered is lottery binned, delidded, and cooling upgraded from HID), but Ryzen can also be great choice, especially for the money. Just not the winner in terms of max possible performance for me. And I'm done trying to argue with you, sorry mate. Waste of time arguing with a wall. Cheers.

Edit: added positive about Ryzen because it's a good choice for some people

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Vistar Shook likes this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Is this meant as a joke?o_O You missed with +210cb for same Ryzen 2700 in coming Acer.

4. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It scores 1881 points @ 4.2ghz.
    https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-7-2700

base clock 3.2ghz, boost clock 4.1ghz.
    Thanks for proving my point.

Next time try to read your own sources before making a fool out of yourself. thanks.

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The boost clock max is listed for a single core. You can't sustain 4.1Ghz on all 8 core under 65w. Stop just reading the paper specs and read the advise of people who know how these chips handle.

Also cinebench is a short run, it is not the be all and end all metric especially for sustained loads.

6. Support.4@XOTIC PC

Support.4@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Congrats on your new laptop :)

7. Vision Star Media

Vision Star Media Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you! I appreciate a simple and appropriate response to my initial posting.

It is sad that one individual has hijacked this thread. I'm assuming he has had a bad experience with Clevo products. He has poor communication skills and is ill-informed. I feel sorry for him.

I'm excited about my laptop and as a new participant in these forums it is discouraging to read someone's initial comment as "Bad Choice." No, it is not a bad choice, and the laptop has been configured to best serve my needs.

I know that it is healthy to have differing opinions and exchange of thoughts on these forums but when individuals present themselves without the facts and in an inappropriate manner it makes me think twice about using the forums. I do appreciate the responses from several other members in the group who are far more knowledgeable about the specific subject matter being debated and who have expressed their opinions about the dissenting individual.

Vistar Shook, steberg and Quadron like this.
  8. Quadron

Quadron Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's a great laptop. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Looking forward to mine being similar specd. Some great and informed people on here, best online resources for laptops, so don't let one or two people get you down. Clevos aren't the flashiest or nicest looking, but they sure do perform like monsters when configured correctly.

9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    This Acer 17,3 inch chassis can't even handle Gtx1080 with INTEL or AMD's new Cpu. And have it unlocked firmware? If so, whom do it for Acerbooks? And you talk about oc'd Ryzen. On top you haven't touched this model, not even seen it in real life. Please Stop.
    [​IMG]
    And all R 2700 is equal binned? And why on earth drag in oc'd Ryzen 2700 in this thread? Who can't even be done in the Acer Helios 500 notebook. I don't get it!!

Btw. 8 cores R2700 even oc'd vs. stock clocked 6 core i7-8700K
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  10. Support.4@XOTIC PC

Support.4@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    What matters is that the product meets your needs and you're happy with it! :)
    Too bad some people have to be so negative/rude. I would personally prefer a Chevy Silverado over a Ford F-150, but I wouldn't go out of my way to matter-of-factly tell someone with a Ford they made a poor choice or why I don't like Fords. Ya know what I mean?

I'm glad for you! I hope it lasts you a while and kicks some major butt!

ThatOldGuy and Vision Star Media like this.