***NEW*** Prema Mod Alienware 15. 15 R2 / 17 R2 and R3 Performance vBIOS

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drdoomgod

drdoomgod Newbie

Reputations:
    @Prema Hi, looking for the AW 15 980m 4gb version. Registered at Prema's new page and requested access on old wordpress version.
    Any chance to get this? Thanks a lot

Also are there any recommended settings for the 980m? Thanks

2. Fellov

Fellov Newbie

Reputations:
    @Prema Hi, i have a AW17 R2 970M 3GB. Would you please send me the custom bios for this. I subscribed to your new site.

Hope you can help :)

3. Zibri

Zibri Newbie

Reputations:
  4. ashm33d91

ashm33d91 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone. I've got an Alienware 17 R3 with gtx970m 3gb and looking for the modded vbios but couldn't get it anywhere :/. Can you guys help me?? I really want to utilize my laptop's performance.Thanks in advance. Also I would love to see @Perma's website back up and running.Thank you @Perma for your hard work and dedication.

Also for the persons having issues dumping your vbios with gpu-z and having the error.I was running the latest main motherboard bios and I gradually downgraded back to the first release bios meaning for Example:bios version 1.3.10 -> 1.3.9 -> 1.3,8 -> 1.2.8 and so on.I was able to dump without even disabling the nvidia gpu in device manager.

Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Update BIOS to latest 1.3.12 and never downgrade to 1.2.x version because it can burn DC cable due to excessive current.

6. 0lok

0lok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @Prema Hope you can still share your modded vbios for my alienware 17 r3 i7 6700hq 970m 3gb.. wanted to try overlocking mine gpu to get maximum performance of my laptop.. Thanks..

wanted to share my experience with alienware 17 r3 bios update. Bios update beyond 1.3.6 has caused my laptop to cpu throttling. I have noticed it throttles more when gpu is on max load. tested it with heaven 4.0 benchmark. if i use occt it still throttles but not frequent. mind you my cpu max temp is 65 degree celcius and gpu temp is 58 degree celcius. this is with -170.9 mv undervolt using TS. It throttles right away, you dont even have to wait for a minute. LOL.. so 1.3.6 bios is my most stable bios.. this is just my experience.. some might have used 1.3.12 without any problems..

Vasudev likes this.
  7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It has fix for strange stuttering due to HT bug , updated IRST Rom and throttling temps have been increased to 95C, I mean firmware level throttling.
    Try checking your undervolt stability using OCCT linpack, the newer W10 builds need more power so it might be your undervolt. -150mV to -160mV should be good enough.

8. 0lok

0lok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sorry forgot to mention I also tested it without undervolt. My conclusion was the bios update which seemed right as I dont have the throttling issue anymore.

Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  9. ashm33d91

ashm33d91 Newbie

Reputations:

For me if I downgrade to the first release bios which is 1.2.8 I think I get the ability to overclock my ram under performance tab but also get more heat on cpu without fan performance mode.Also if I was to update to latest bios I get lower cpu temps

Vasudev likes this.
  10. ashm33d91

ashm33d91 Newbie

Reputations:
    But do any of you guys have the modded vbios to overclock the gtx970m above 135 core and unlock voltage control??

Vasudev likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.