***NEW*** Prema Mod Alienware 15. 15 R2 / 17 R2 and R3 Performance vBIOS

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NofearAngel

NofearAngel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have interesting results. I used MSI afterburner on the stock vbios and overclocked it. and my firestrike score was 9334. then i used the Premamod clocked it +164 core + 179 mem clock and I get 9200 if I clock it too much it actually gives me the default score of 8300. is there better programs than MSI afterburner? msi afterburner doesnt allow me to change the voltage.

2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Use Nvidia Inspector who have fully voltage control for Maxwell graphics with mod vBios.

NofearAngel and Vasudev like this.
  3. Rexcor300388

Rexcor300388 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    prema vbios now not working at all with newer drivers and Win10 updates, only 3-5 minutes on load with overclock, then it drops to stock frequency.

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I accidentally removed nvidia control panel, and used nvidia inspector and guess what I can OC a little higher with another 5C drop in temps.

Papusan and Prema like this.
  5. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Since a stock vBIOS will throttle even at stock clocks you won't have to OC as much to reach higher frames with the mod as you do with stock versions.

Aka 135Mhz+ has never really been 135Mhz+ before.

Also your systems CPU is going to power throttle via system EC the more you pull from the AC line.
    So watch the temps and find your sweet spot.

6. Rexcor300388

Reputations:
    Prema you are finally here! Is it posible to modify your VBIOS stock clocks from 1038/1127, to, for example, +200?

7. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Just create an Nvidia Inspector profile and auto load it at system boot.

NofearAngel likes this.
  8. Rexcor300388

Reputations:
    Strange thing, I`ve unplugged battery, only on external DC PSU running, and this PSU is connected to AC via WattMeter, it shows consumption about 220-230W during GTA 5 running and no throttling, but, when I start World of Warships it consumes only 170-180W and throttling takes place, the same with Mafia 2, load about 190-200W and throttling, but Heaven Benchmark 4.0 loads about 220-240W and no throttling. I`ve connected external monitor Dell U3014 and laptops screen I use to extend desktopI put on it ThrottleStop, NVIDIA Inspector and GPU-Z sensons tab. Guess what! It starts to throttle in games where is big video memory consumption, 3GB and more. Then I removed video memory overclock and there was no throttling for hours, but rarely it throttlz. Looks like Video memory overheating takes place and that is the reason of throttling. In my desktop there was GTX 980Ti with video memory thermal sensors, could it be the same with GTX 980M but sensor is hidden from monitoring software? Looks like overvoltage of video memory. Sorry for bad english :rolleyes:

Vasudev and NofearAngel like this.
  9. 0lok

0lok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Prema Is still there a way to download the mod vbios for alienware 17 r3 970m? I wanted to try overclocking my GPU. The links in OP is redirecting to wordpress and asking to register. Should I register? Thanks

10. slayingclub

slayingclub Newbie

Reputations:
    @Prema, can you PM me the vbios file or the zip for Alienware 15 R2 970m 3gb please? I accidentally flashed the standard 15 970m 3gb by accident and now my computer is not working right with a bunch of blue screens. I am a college student and i am unable to do my homework on the laptop so, if you could please send me the vbios or the zip, I would be forever greatful!