***NEW*** Prema Mod Alienware 15. 15 R2 / 17 R2 and R3 Performance vBIOS

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ma0u

ma0u Newbie

Reputations:
    May i know the complete step please because i cant seem to restore to stock vbios always fail with the error mv-ucode-err-code-cmd-timeout...all are underscore by the way thanks

2. VICKYGAMEBOY

VICKYGAMEBOY Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    if ur using windows 10, and first off u need stock vbios and also prema mod, because It contains nvlfash.exe, download premamod zip file extract to ur C drive main folder, rename it to something simple like AW15.. go inside that folder now paste ur stock VBIOS, that should be GM204.rom.. once done, go to settings, update and security, recovery tab, and advance startup, once u restart ull have options, use safe mode with command prompt, might need to enter ur admin password, once ur in.. it should be something like this C:\windows\system32\.. u can navigate to ur bios folder by typing CD C:\AW15 or whatever the folder is, once ur in, NVflash.exe GM204.rom(space between ,exe and GM204.rom) , press Y when its prompted.. that's all reboot, ur good to go with stock vbios..

3. ma0u

ma0u Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for responding have flashed successfully after months! Have used a nvflash version from this link forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?p=452427...thanks..have to disable secure boot and disable gpu on device managaer

4. VICKYGAMEBOY

Reputations:
    good to hear, yeah u can do inside windows by disabling on device manger, but it doesn't work for some people, so that's why I gave u the most safest route, which is safe mode command prompt method, it works 100%, anwyays good luck.. peace

5. loost21

loost21 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi i have an alienware 15 r2 skylake,

Is safe do this flash with mi model?

I am getting a message when i try to flash.. the id of the vbios is diferent

Thanks!

6. VICKYGAMEBOY

Reputations:
    do u have GTX 970M or GTX980M. both VBIOS are different.. and also check for R1 or R2 4GB vs 8GB

7. loost21

loost21 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi
    Thank you for the fast feedback!

My machine is alienware 15 r2 skylake gtx 970m 3 gb vram

I saw in this tread an user have a problem with the hdmi on this machine for this reason i am asking about that

Thank You!

8. VICKYGAMEBOY

Reputations:
    there shouldn't be any problem with HDMI.. so far I flashed premamod VBIOS on my old alienware R1 which had 970M, no issues so far..

loost21 likes this.
  9. loost21

loost21 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you!

10. bootleg1

bootleg1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    okay i have an alienware r3 nvidia 980m 8gb 4k screen windows 10 i was doing the vbios flash v2 Prema Mod and the command prompt opened and it did what it needed to do and quickly closes before i can read it. i used nvidia inspector and it shows i have a modified vbios. but when i start my computer the splash screen of prema mod doesnt seem to show up. does this mean something went wrong with the flash?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.