***NEW*** Prema Mod Alienware 15. 15 R2 / 17 R2 and R3 Performance vBIOS

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Are you right-clicking and running as Administrator? If not, try that and see if it makes any difference. I just noticed the title bar on the command windows does not appear to be elevated to admin mode. You can also try flashing in Safe Mode, but either way use admin rights. Are you running with Secure Poot enabled? If so, try disabling that also.

Prema likes this.
  2. Jambu95

Jambu95 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've encountered the same problem, one thing I did is just boot into safe mode and flash it.

Mr. Fox and Prema like this.
  3. newlich

newlich Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The Safe Mode method solved my problem. So, my last question is - after Perma vBios flashed, can I update my NVIDIA Driver? NVIDIA driver update won't override my vBios right?

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yes, you're good to go and you can use whatever driver you wish. Even if the driver is bad and impairs performance and causes instability (starting to become as common for NVIDIA as it has been for AMD for many years) it will not cause a change to the the firmware.

Prema likes this.
  5. newlich

newlich Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the help! Reputation++

Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. VICKYGAMEBOY

VICKYGAMEBOY Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Papusan @DeeX @rinneh @judal57
    I just installed premamod V2 for GTX 980M 8GB version.. for some reason the clock speed returns back to 1126MHZ after 1 or 2mins of gaming, tried with 150MHZ oc with 50mv and with various combination, it always turns back to 1126mhz after sometime, I'm using latest Nvidia driver which was released yesterday.. I've seen on premamod website someone posting similar issues, anyone else having this issue..

7. judal57

judal57 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    use the nvidia driver from Dell ... i had to go back too, but because of blue screens

8. VICKYGAMEBOY

VICKYGAMEBOY Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    so ur using premod v2 with dell official drivers ?? isn't that too old. no game ready updates. hows oc working for you ??

9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I'm on 1 month holiday and haven't tested latest drivers. You can test with older drivers. I haven't heard about this problem with latest drivers and downclock but who knows with Aw.

Edit. If I remember correctly is Premamod v2 intended for drivers newer than 362.00
    If you need to use older OEM drivers so your graphics can work without problems, isn't acceptable and good enough. Who in gods name have to use older OEM graphics drivers in modern computers today? Return your machine and get it fixed!!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  10. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hmm the newer nvidia drivers are quite a mixed bag tbh. With the katest drivers I have drivers crashes in the witcher 3. Also occasional driver crashes in overwatch. Not only on my laptop but also pc. With or without overclock. Nvidia needs to step its game up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.