New Portege Z830

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Hoopsontoast, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. z830guy

z830guy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks Alex. Had already called them. They charged me $39, by the way, first time, saying that blowing out dust is not a warranty item. So hopefully they'll start with that $39 as my base payment again. :)

2. PinoyBoy

PinoyBoy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I still have my z835-p330 bought in Nov 2011. I ran speed fan, and it shows that my cpu core 0 and 1 run around 50-55*C. So hot.

3. steviejones133

steviejones133 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I just picked up a Satellite Z830 10T, was looking for some good info on how to clean install Windows 7 to it. I haven't got a Win 7 Retail disc. Anyone got any ideas about how to do this and if so, what drivers are "required" once done? - I'm looking to clear out all the crapware because on the factory install, there is only around 69gb free on the 128gb mSata :eek:

Any info greatly appreciated.

4. landsome

landsome Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    BTW, bios v1.80 has been out for a while... Flashed it and seems OK, no noticeable differences.

5. steviejones133

Reputations:
    Yeah, I flashed it a while back. I agree, no noticeable differences. Fans not affected, so seems just fine.

6. meats

meats Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know where to get a new motherboard for the Z830? I fried mine plugging in a faulty powered external USB. It was working so well for so long and then I got unlucky.. sadness :(

any help would be appreciated!

7. steviejones133

Reputations:
    I was looking for some cosmetic trim for mine (screen bezel) and I found these guys: CBC Computer Systems Ltd | ICT Solutions and Services in the UK. Good prices for what I wanted, not sure how much a mobo would run you as the cpu is soldered on. Might be worth asking, or looking for a spares/repairs machine on Ebay.

Hope that helps, sorry to hear of your woes.

8. jt29

jt29 Newbie

Reputations:

i have similar problem, but mine is worse. I had it completely shut down, and i turned off the usb offline charging option, still my battery goes from 100% to nothing in just 2 days. any thoughts?:(

9. alexUW

alexUW Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    ^^^
    Might want to give Toshiba a ring if you still have the laptop under warranty

Personally, I cannot figure out why your battery would deplete so quickly, if in fact the laptop is shutdown [not in sleep/hibernation].

Good luck and keep us posted with any news

10. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Turn off the Sleep and Charge mode in the bios. This mode can supply USB power to the USB port when the computer is in stanby/sleep mode, hibernation mode, or shutdown state. Your mystery battery drain will go away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.