New NP8157 and Freezing Issue

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by whitedragon551, Mar 16, 2017.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah, never use the Optimal power setting in the NVIDIA control panel. It's rife with problems.

2. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ironically I am running High Performance and have Optimal Power set in NVIDIA control panel. Ill change both of those and see.

The RAM test through out the day did not complete. It was set to run a full single pass and was at 10% complete over about 10 hours. That doesnt seem right.

3. whitedragon551

Reputations:
    Laptop is still randomly freezing. It quit for awhile and then about 2 weeks ago I got a BSOD with a Synaptics driver error. Removing the Synaptics driver and let Windows 10 find it. No more issues with that.

Tonight out of the blue, the laptop froze twice within about 45 minutes of each other. Its never done it that close together. As usually nothing special in the logs except for Windows was shut down without a clean power down critical alerts.

I did find this however as an error which seems to indicate an issue with the Sager Control Center?

Faulting application name: AuxSwitch.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x580db540
    Faulting module name: AuxSwitch.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x580db540
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x00020713
    Faulting process id: 0x1c44
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2acec0e522a22
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotkey\AuxSwitch.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotkey\AuxSwitch.exe
    Report Id: d5b8ea96-07f7-4cca-9460-f65bfd1822f3
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

4. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    Clevo released an updated version of the control center software on April 1. Link and scroll down to Control Center AP 5.0001.1.21. Be patient as Clevo's servers are extremely slow.

5. whitedragon551

Reputations:
    Does it make a difference if I have a Sager branded laptop?

6. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    Sager is just a brand name for a laptop that uses a Clevo chassis. Just like how HIDevolution uses the EVOC name for its machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    The only offset may be the firmware, and that's only if they've modified it in anyway. Otherwise it makes no difference.

8. whitedragon551

Reputations:
    Upgraded the control center. We will give it a few days/weeks to see what happens. I also upgraded to the latest Killer Networks driver for WLAN.

Also something to note. The temps I was reporting in the beginning of this thread are on a laptop cooler. Taking it off the cooler results in significantly higher temps around the 170* mark in a pretty low requirement game. Should I plan on repasting at this point or should I wait to see if my crashing issues are fixed with the latest control center upgrade?

I do have a heatsink cleaning kit (Articlean) and a tube of Kryonaut to repaste with.

9. whitedragon551

Reputations:
    Crashing still happening. Its pretty weird. The screen on the laptop goes black. My second monitor stays lite. I can still talk in Teamspeak, but all input ceases and the only way to get it back is to hard power it down.

10. whitedragon551

Reputations:
    Also looks like this download was removed.