New NBR Setup (Oct 11): Closed (see the new threads)

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Announcements and Guidelines' started by TECK, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TECK

TECK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all,

So far, the new server configuration is running very well. During the setup implementation, we worked several days until 3am in the morning to speed things up. However, with any changes, certain bugs might surface due to the new software. This is where your help is needed. The NBR administration wants to thank you for your patience and support to iron the very few bugs left into current setup. I will personally watch this thread several times a day, to make sure nothing is missed.

Please report into this thread any forum issues you might experience with the new NBR setup.
    Include the date/time when the error occurred, the link you visited and a screenshot (if possible) of the current issue. For the screenshot, either attach it into post or go to tinypic.com (or your preferred image site) and upload the image there. Then, post the direct image link (not the actual image) into thread.

Thank you,

Floren

2. ATG

ATG 2x4 Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Ok I'll go first:)

I was getting "504 Gateway Timeout" error yesterday for like 5 minutes(first time I see this error while trying to open NBR) but I assumed it's my browser's fault because it got fixed for itself and never came up again..I decided to mention it here just in case..

3. royk50

royk50 times being what they are

Reputations:
    same here 504
    more like 15 min

4. Cin'

Cin' Anathema

Reputations:
    I experienced several 504's yesterday........:eek:

and sometimes the timeouts as a result lasted about 8 min.

Experienced in both FF and IE..;)

Cin ;) :)

5. TECK

TECK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys (and girls),

What action you performed, when you experienced the 504's? Posting, reading, etc.?
    If this occurs again, please save the URL you see in browser to post it later on here.
    Try also to remember the time this error occurred... No need to post it in miliseconds, Oct 13 17:15 Eastern will be great. :)

Floren

6. Cin'

Cin' Anathema

Reputations:
    Hello Floren! :)

I happened to take a screenshot when they starting happening on Saturday...This one was at Oct 11 5:52 pm EST, lasted for about 5 minutes.

At that time I had YouTube open, Photobucket, Mibbit, Yahoo, and was also of course, in NBR posting...I believe.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk108/cinders0808/ssh-1.jpg

I will take screen shots, and provide them to you if they continue to happen!
    (hopefully not)

Hope that helps you!

7. TECK

TECK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm actually interested only on links related to NBR. I don't mind if you have several tabs open with all your favorite sites, NBR should work properly, no matter what.
    For example, you try to post a reply and you get a 504, instead of the actual PHP page.
    I cannot see well the link, in the screenshot (1920x1200 res here). :( I think it is the report.php file you had there... Were you able to visit other links to NBR forum or only the report.php was not working properly?

Thank you all for helping me kill the few bugs left...

8. Cin'

Cin' Anathema

Reputations:
    That was what happened when I was posting it wouldn't load and then I got the 504 error. I did the print screen really quick as it had happened about 2 times already. And everytime I clicked to try and get back into NBR I received the 504 errors...I remember this because I was conversing with others and asked them *Can you get into NBR right now?* *Do you have a connection/did you lose your connection*?

I was not able to visit any other links on NBR. I tried FF and got the same results. So, I just waited until the error worked itself out and NBR was good to go again. No biggie ~ All has been steady today, so that's a good thing!

9. TECK

TECK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There will be an update, related to this issue. I will post when I implemented the fix.
    Once announced, please let me know if the error occurs again.

10. Cin'

Cin' Anathema

Reputations:
    Awesome! Thanks, and I will surely let you know if it happens again! :D