New multifunction laser printer help...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sfo423, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sfo423

sfo423 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I need a new multi function color laser for the home office. It will be networked with two PC's (wireless). The budget is ~$400, but could a bit higher. I like Energy star, ability to scan and email from scanner, and consumables are covered by company so that is not the terribly important. Reliability is tops.

Seems now is a good time to buy w/the Holiday deals...

Can anyone provide some suggestions? Thanks

2. KCETech1

KCETech1 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    samsung clx series. color laser or b/w

3. sfo423

sfo423 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've read that they are energy hogs and the direct to email scan feature is a pig to set up. Otherwise, nice reviews. Any idea how it compares to similarly priced Brothers?

4. KCETech1

KCETech1 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    personally i find them good. we replaced a few brothers with clx color mfu's and found them decent on power but better image quality and consumable prices. the direct to scan util is super easy if you give the unit a static ip address

5. Vogelbung

Vogelbung I R Judgemental

Reputations:
    I've had loads of little issues with HP's MFP's but zero with Brother's (although I've only had the larger B&W ones). I dunno how their home-friendlier counterparts will fare though.

6. sfo423

sfo423 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The only CLX option seems to be the CLX-3175FW as the 6220 seems to be overkill for our two connected home office PC needs. I went to look at it today, but of course there were no floor models. It looks like it lacks auto duplex, possibly no 64-bit support and the power draw issue seems to stick in my head. I emailed Samsung about the 64-bit & power Q's but no reply.

Can anyone comment from on above from expereince?

as far as the Brothers, the two options appear to be the MFC-9320CW (no auto duplex) and the MFC-9460CDN.

As far as these three options, anyone want to venture as to the best unit and or comparisons?

7. voon

voon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    We had nothing but issues with cheap samsungs at work, I'd never get one privatley. Since I was in the same situation as you just a few days ago, I now just bought a Brother 9055 (I don't care about FAX). Cheap b/w printing with a very crisp letter clarity and colors at notmal prices. Plus, at least we here in Switzerland get a cash back option till January 2012, making the printers price extremely nice and basically a nobrainer. Differences between all these brother multifunctions are the FAX option, memory options and a bit more speed in some plus a fancy display on some. For me, the cheapest of them all does it at home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.