New MSI gs75 RTX GPU 2080 help

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Cerreta28, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Brainzapper

Brainzapper Newbie

Reputations:
    The full story in detail:
    I got msi gs75 back in June for my wife. It has i7 9750h and rtx 2080 max q. Ichanged the thermal paste to liquid metal the same day of getting the laptop. The temps went from 98c to 75c on CPU. I don't remember the Gpu because I didn't use it for gaming purpose till now. I installed destiny 2 yesterday and I was seeing fps drops from 80 to 15 fps every 2 secs. I installed msi after burner and checked that when Gpu is cool it goes upto 1300-1400mhz. As soon as temps reach 73-75c I see temp limit in afterburner and the clocks speed falls slowly till 300mhz. Then it stays there till there is a load on Gpu. It goes to 450-500mhz then falls to 300mhz every 2 secs. I am using latest DCH drivers and latest Intel gpu drivers from msi website. The power is on high performance mode in nvidia control panel and I have selected preferred Gpu as powerful Gpu instead of auto as well. I'll try to disable Intel and check the results.

2. N2ishun

N2ishun Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Flip the fans to cooler boost too....ignore the noise, you're testing not worrying about a few decibels.

3. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    MSI may not offer the latest drivers from the component manufacturers so try the latest one from Intel and Nvidia's websites.
    Please also make sure that the BIOS & EC are up-to-date as they may provide fixes/enhancement to your system.