New MSi GS70 6QE ! IPS Screen WOOW NICE !

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Simona Simmy, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simona Simmy

Simona Simmy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Jeeesus RIDICULOUS yellow pissed screen !! oh my god ! I would never buy this laptop even for £1000 I would DEFO try some modifications with LG IPS screens to try to fit in ..

Guys and here on youtube is new video and they even lying that RAM is DDR4 but in reality it is just old DDR 3
    woman pointing on specs where says DDR III ! RIDICULOUS !

2. Simona Simmy

Reputations:
  3. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    I believe it's the reverse; Medion is a reseller of MSI notebooks under the Medion name. Rebadging is pretty common.

4. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Hahaha dude, calm down. Medion and other boutiques use MSI, Sagers and other laptop manufacturers and they simply slap their name on. There is a GS and GT variation of MSI laptops but with other names out there. Medion is the one using MSI design, not the other way around. Also, a lot of notebook designs are even made by other manufacturers, and simply used by Asus, MSI, Sager etc. Just like the old Asus G50 series uses the same chassis as old MSI GX660 used several years ago.

As for the other comments, remember intel 6th gen CPUs can use both DDR3L and DDR4. It is up to the manufacturer to use DDR4 only, but it could, in theory, be possible to ship a new 6th gen CPU with DDR3L memory. I don't think the RAM sockets are compatible though.

5. Simona Simmy

Reputations:
    It is not like that
    Simply in taiwan there is one mega big factory where all laptops are made and designs are made by completely different group.
    Laptop manufacturers will hire design company, they will make design and laptop company will pays them..
    And it depends who will order or pay for design..
    And then it is very easy print laptop brands logos etc..
    Same thing is with laptop shenker and eurocom or sager

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  6. Simona Simmy

Reputations:
    Man firs of am not any weird usa name calling "dude" and don't worry I know all these things that other companies has same designs..
    Point was that msi is so generic company it is not uniqe like acer
    Acer has original design..

7. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    "dude" was not used in an offensive manner, sorry if you felt it that way.

Keep in mind that unique does not equal good. Medion and other companies may choose to use "whitebooks" because the models work, instead of figuring out designs for themselves. Acer has original designs for a while now, and they have had many lines before, but their track record is not as polished as MSI's or Asus when it comes to gaming.

Personally I don't like the GS series design. I prefer the GT series, but mostly because they tend to have better cooling. The only reason I wouldn't go with Medion when it comes to copies of MSI laptops, is that MSI offers better support and warranty for their models, instead of a generic warranty etc.

8. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    I understand what you're saying; it seems you're pointing out the differences between OEM and ODM. :vbsmile:

Well, again, these are examples of rebadging, as they all borrow from Clevo.

9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    They all have their own designs and perhaps copy from each other once in a while.

10. Simona Simmy

Reputations:
    It's ok.. Don't worry..
    I mean Acer used to be crap but in 2011 they changed.. Since then they are very good
    All these taiwan companies Acer, Asus,Clevo, MSi, Lenovo, are very good but msi is behind by not fitting IPS screens in their laptops for some weird reason..

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.