New MSi GS70 6QE ! IPS Screen WOOW NICE !

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Simona Simmy, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simona Simmy

Simona Simmy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think those ppl in mediamarkt been lying .. they thought that IPS is in GS60 so it must be in GS70 .. but it isnt..
    I have seen IPS ''word'' on MSI official site b4 I opened this thread and after few weeks they took it of soo.. No one GS70 will be with IPS panel .. Looks like they done nothing hey just upgraded motherboard with new standards .. which is cpu , ram , new storage interface , usb 3.1 etc.. but fans , body , screen , keyboard , sound , remain the same..
    I am really really disappointed how MSi failing .. hey trying to save money as much possible.. and laptop is overpriced! Really ridiculous !
    I am now looking at acer predator laptops they have nice IPS screens and they are maybe cheaper ! offering same HW and + usb type c with thunderbolt support and nice 2k IPS screens
    http://www.ultrabookreview.com/8343-acer-predator-laptops/

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  2. Shadowrun87

Shadowrun87 Newbie

Reputations:
    The predator looks nice but you have to notice the weight: 3,95 kg instead of 2,6 kg (GS70) and the size. The advantage of the GS series is the slim- and lightness. The predator is a classical gaming laptop so you should compare it with the other MSI series (GT, GE, GP).

3. Simona Simmy

Reputations:
    I will get 15'' will be lighter..
    I like the exhaust on the back not on the sides ..

4. Shadowrun87

Shadowrun87 Newbie

Reputations:
    Got my GS70 6QE this morning and here are some impressions:

- Unfortunately it has no IPS panel but the TN panel is better than I've expected. I can see everything from every perspective. I can tell nothing about the color quality because I've no comparison but for me it looks good (I'm an ordinary user and don't know what I should criticize).

- The keyboard looks really beautiful and I've no problem with the spacebar like Pepe2020. Only negative point: If I type on the keyword I often touch the touchpad with the right hand = Cursor jumps and that's frustrating. Maybe I need a little bit more practice.

- The fans are really quite if you're not gaming! You can definitely use it at the university, a library etc. When you're gaming it depends on the games you play. I tested Sonic Allstar Racing and this game needs no great GPU power so the fans where not loud. But in Witcher 3 they were really loud. So this is not a good laptop if you want to play in the public (university, a cafe etc.) Medium-High Settings with 50-60Fps. I recommend you to watch a YouTube video about the last revision (GS70 2QE). They've tested the noise and you should compare it with the noise of other gaming laptops.

- Can't say anything about the battery because I haven't test it yet. But I had no issues with the charing of the battery (I have previously suspected in this thread)

- Size: If portability is very important for you then you should take the GS60 with 15" ...the GS70 is bigger than I've expected. 15" would be also enough for gaming but I preferred the GS70 because I've to work on many windows at the same time in my business. And I just want to be mobile at home and not outsite. The weight (2,6 kg) has the same weight like my 6 years old Sony Vaio 15" ...so I thinks it's light but it's too much (for me personally) to throw this on my shoulder every day.

I know that my description was not so good but many points like the noise, weight, size etc. is subjectuvely. For me it's a very good alternative to my desktop computer and now I can work everywhere in my house (I have four floors). But for a student who needs this laptop every day it's definitely not portable enough.

5. mikelev

mikelev Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks!! The part about noise levels under different conditions is very important to me. Can you please comment on the noise level again after you use the laptop for a few days? i.e. does it really stay quiet when you are not gaming? What if you watch video? What if you open a bunch of programs/windows and switch between them, etc. I think the other user reported annoying fan noise (on and off) even under light load.

Mike

6. Simona Simmy

Reputations:
    Thanx for update...
    Yeah it hapens to everybody who has laptop and tries to type something while touchpad is on .. it is enormously driving me crazy so if you wanna advice jus disable that touchpad and get.yourself nice mouse e.g. logitech and use mouse.. no cursor jumps anymore ..
    Last thing open your screen fully and look at it from bottom and check how's screen from this angle..
    EDIT: can you test the speed if it is really over 2000MB?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  7. superguy25

superguy25 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    +1 to this. Shame that no OEM has figured out how to make the trackpads a bit more intelligent so this isn't an issue. It's been an issue for years.

8. NeoDarkF

NeoDarkF Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys.
    I got the GS70 6QE a few days ago and I have already deliver it >.<.

In this short time, my experience was disappointing, all because the display panel have a poor quality. There are two problems with the panel. I'll may explain.
    - Poor view angles.
    - Dotted in gradients.
    I compare it with my old laptop, also a TN panel, but a much more quality display than GS70.

Some samples:
    View angle samples (GS70 on right): 1 - 2 - 3
    Dotted in gradients: my old laptop - msi gs70
    This dotted may be confused with pixels. It's like an 256 color gif image, so even I created a sample of this problem to know what I'm referring: this pic.

Now I'm interested on GS60 6QE but I must know if the panel is significantly better. Most difficult I would like to know if the supposed GS60 IPS panel have the same "dotted" than GS70 panel.

I open a topic on msi forums. I don't know if I can reference it here.

9. superguy25

superguy25 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The GS60 is better. The GS70 is treated like the bastard stepchild of MSI's line for some reason.

Simona Simmy likes this.
  10. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Haha, because GS60 came out after GS70, and MSI can only improve a latter model. :)
    This relates to cost, so they are smart to keep the same design for awhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.