New MacBook Pro with 8th Gen Intel CPUs

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Ultra Male, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    They removed the data logic board! Just perfect! So if one orders a 4TB SSD and his motherboard dies, he's SOL :rolleyes:

Maleko48, hmscott, jclausius and 2 others like this.
  2. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Guess they want you to use their Timeshift, iCloud or perhaps some other backup service... even when you have a perfectly good SSD that could be transferred and used elsewhere!!!

When will this madness end!

Maleko48, Mr. Fox, Aroc and 3 others like this.
  3. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    Yeah I watched this earlier this evening. I didn't even realize they had removed the data interface to retrieve your data from a dead board. That is unacceptable.

4. shengna

shengna Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just subscribe 2TB icloud. Problem solved!

5. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    yah? and I'll send you the bill to pay for it

Maleko48 and Papusan like this.
  6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I would never ever stored my most valuable data in the cloud. On top have to pay high price for it due awful or better say failed hardware design (soldered on)... Nope!:hi:

Maleko48, Ashtrix, jclausius and 2 others like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

BGA filth paving the way to a crappier tomorrow. It's like gradually adding more feces to each batch of brownies. Before you know it, everyone is eating a brick of dung and loving every bite because they've become too desensitized to recognize the smell and taste of it.

A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.

Thanks, crApple. Micro$loth Surfa$$ will be next. Coming soon to a PC near you, courtesy of the Redmond Retards. Monkey see, monkey do. Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    Maleko48, Ashtrix, jclausius and 2 others like this.
  8. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    unfortunately, the entire laptop scene is more or less headed this direction. Clevo and MSI are in denial, but I'm sure they'll give in in the next 4-5 years. For me now, I'm leaving performance to desktops, and reshuffling my focus on laptops to prioritizing display quality, case quality, and keyboard quality. Thermals and performance are already nonstarters, as every seems to be focused on cramming high end chips into thin and light packages to ensure they never run correctly. As such, I don't think I'll ever pay more than 1000$ for a laptop these days, as there's just no point in doing it. Laptop scene is already dead.

Ashtrix, Aroc, electrosoft and 3 others like this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Welcome to the club. I returned the Samsdung turdbook for a refund yesterday and have this dinosaur on order. Not a turdbook, and this price point is about the maximum I will pay for a notebook going forward. Desktops FTW! Notebook glory days are over. But, I fear this scummy digi-filth will eventually ruin desktops as well. Whodathunk that there would be such a thing as gaming on a smartphone piece of crap. What a joke. And, the retarded brain trust that controls technology has become the arch nemesis of every PC enthusiast.

ssj92, Ashtrix, Vasudev and 1 other person like this.
  10. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    A HP...? For shame! I'm typing from my REALLY ancient T61p (yes, 10 years old) Core 2 Extreme X9000, FX 570M, and an Intel X25-E SSD. Why? It hands down has one of the best keyboards I have ever used on a laptop computer, truly a joy to use. Plus....overclocked ;)

My other road companion is a razer blade pro believe it or not, simply because it also has a great keyboard and rock solid 100% cnc milled aluminum chassis, but only because I got it for a steal of a deal. I pity the fool who paid the 2300 + tax for it less than a year ago, only to turn it around for 800 USD + extra accessories. A "high performance gaming machine", it certainly is not....and this will be the fate of all BGA "performance" machines

ssj92, Aroc and Vasudev like this.