New MacBook Pro with 8th Gen Intel CPUs

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Ultra Male, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not a college kid anymore. I use big boy laptops now. lol. I did watch ifixit do their first tear down and they melted the keyboard. 0/10 repairability. Bleh.

Yeah the Triton 500 and the MSI GS line are terrible examples. The trion 500 is confusing to me because the Triton 700 it had a reverse motherboard, but you could get inside very easily as you could take the keyboard and have access to all the storage, ram, and heat sink. Then there are laptops like the GX701 from asus. It has 8gb of it's ram soldered to the motherboard. WHY?! Stop worrying about making your laptop thin and make it more practical. Stupid man, just stupid.

Vasudev likes this.
  2. Richard Zheng

Richard Zheng Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Like GS65?

3. Richard Zheng

Reputations:
    I for one would like 1 screw access to everything. Don’t know why more laptops are becoming incredibly difficult to open up

4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Yeah, an golden sample on a awful designed Joke. On top trash cooling whitch need to be repasted with better than what it come with.

Terreos likes this.
  5. Richard Zheng

Reputations:
    That’s why I suggest people buy through a third party that does repasting, because the average blood isn’t gonna be able to do it himself

Vasudev likes this.
  6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Add in max extended warranty so the joke can be repasted for free second time before it goes into the trash can.

Vasudev likes this.
  7. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The huge difference is the keyboard in the laptop 2 is down right sublime compared to the fragile junk in the macbooks. You don't have to take apart the surface laptop 2 to fix the keyboard, because it works, and damn well. where did I hear that to before? hmmmmmm

8. Richard Zheng

Reputations:
    But if anything else breaks, or god forbid you wanna clean out the insides, you are SOL

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  9. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    thats thing, Most likely, nothing is going to "break" if you treat it right. Macbooks are notoriously fragile. You look at them the wrong way, they dent, keys fall off etc. I have yet to see a microsoft laptop for sale on ebay with dents, a superfical scratch on them, but no keys missing or dents. The amount of macbooks that are falling apart are 10 times the amount of even cheap windows based devices. You need to treat macbooks with kids gloves for sure. My son had an acer that I paid 299 dollars for brand new. It fell off his bed more times, and NOTHING happend to it. Now, he has a macbook air, and he went to pick it up, dropped it back on his desk and dented the corner. Seriously? For the amount I paid for this computer you expect it to be a little more robust than it is.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. Richard Zheng

Reputations:
    It’s metal. Metal gets dented. It’s not really a good or bad thing, just a property of the material. Glass shatters, plastics snap, metals dent.

The keyboards are indeed a problem, but you can’t get around the problems of using metals for construction