New MacBook Pro with 8th Gen Intel CPUs

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Ultra Male, Jul 12, 2018.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Vasudev and steberg like this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.
  3. hmscott

Reputations:
    Ha!!, you are clearly incorrect, as you are suggesting that's what he in fact did do in his review, benchmark on battery. So someone, at least one, does in fact benchmark on battery. :)

Many people believe that's how a mobile device should be tested, while on independent battery power, as many consider battery power as the main feature of a laptop and a laptop should perform at full performance on battery power.

It's us "PC weirdo's" that plug a laptop in to AC power before testing.

It's kind of a thing with Macintosh laptop users, they expect to use their Macbooks on battery power, all of the time. Apple users only plug Macbooks in to AC power (or a power bank) to recharge the battery, just like their iphone, Apple Watch, iPad, etc.

And, even on PC laptops, don't you get questions from newbie gamers with high performance gaming laptops asking why their FPS drops when gaming on battery power?

You'd be surprised how many people are fatally disappointed at not being able to game at full performance on their gaming laptop while on battery power.

The iGPU's in Intel CPU's have broken their minds, and they can't quite get the idea that dGPU's need AC power for full performance.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Vasudev likes this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    If you own BGA jokebooks running on battery the speeds or performance what Apple iSheep's think is cut by half. I remember reviewer saying 77-80C on CPU after running GB4 and CB r15 for 1 rounds which means its real crap out of the box just like AW.
    Couple that with MSI battery boost or crippled performance, you don't get what you paid for!
    Then again the stock battery packs used by all companies are inferior so that users get new battery in a year. Now along with apple branded USBC di**os and crap performance consumers must think what to do!

hmscott and Papusan like this.
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
    It's part of how Apple gets away with their under-powered throttling crappletops, because if users only use them on battery, they rarely hit power levels high enough to show high temps, hi fan noise, and they have been "brainwashed" by all of this to not care about the performance hit - lower benchmark results on battery.

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  6. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    New Video

Benchmarks are impressive, compared to say the GTX 1050 TI of an XPS 9570 etc.

If it didn't cost over £1,000 more than a Razer Blade 15, I probably would have considered one.

hmscott and Vasudev like this.
  7. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    A good look and take on the Macbook Pro 15 w/ i9 and Vega 20.

Still crazy expensive, but at least it is competitive with other thin and light notebooks.

I know if I had bought a Polaris based model, I would be beyond pissed right now.

Vasudev, Papusan and hmscott like this.
  8. hmscott

Reputations:
    The Shady Truth about Apple's MacBook Pro!
    ZONEofTECH
    Published on Nov 28, 2018
    MacBook Pro - Issues, Lawsuits and Secrets!

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  9. process

process \( ಠ_ಠ)/

Reputations:
    I know I was, I bought the i9 560X back in July but apple kept shipping me duds until mid September so when I called up senior customer support and asked for a refund so I could snag the new Vega 20 they said no problem, unfortunately a lot of people weren't as fortunate as me. I guess Apple just wanted to clear out some inventory while AMD ramped up production.

Starlight5 and Vasudev like this.
  10. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Why would people give Apple so much money after

a) They charge you a lot of money for a product definitely not worth it's price
    b) Suffers from KP, keyboard issues and sometimes creaking/popping of the case
    c) An OS which is so lacking in feature updates because it takes a back seat to iOS
    d) They then keep shipping you duds for over two months

And now you are going to give them even more money for the Vega MBP?

Seriously, some people have more money than sense.

(I am not an anti-Apple troll, I use iPhones and loved the MacBook's pre-2016. But seriously, they now have the QC and design flaws of a cheap Acer netbook nowadays.)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018