New MacBook Pro with 8th Gen Intel CPUs

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Ultra Male, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yup. I was an HP hater for years. Their chintzy garbage drove me to Dell hell, and now it has all turned to poop. I decided to never own another HP piece of trash way back in like 2005. I got rid of everything with their branding, including my HP printers. Lesson learned: Never say never. But, I started being a Dell-hater when Alienware made their entire product line disposable trashbooks. They have gotten rapidly worse and literally nothing they sell functions correctly today (including their desktop trash). The moral to the story is, if you want something done right, do it yourself. I may regret buying an HP ZBook (I hope not) but there was no way I was going to grace the Dell name with my presence after their acts of betrayal. HP has sucked for years now, so nothing new. Plus, I couldn't buy a Dell Precision new enough to be worth owning for under $400. I'm putting all of my enthusiasm into desktops now. There's no love left in my heart for notebook filth.

Aroc, Maleko48, Ashtrix and 3 others like this.
  2. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    you and me both pal :(

Aroc, Ashtrix, Vasudev and 2 others like this.
  3. Ali hussnain

Ali hussnain Newbie

Reputations:
    I found the whole discussion sound good and valuable for me.

Aroc, Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. AU4U

AU4U Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Unless its a great big chassis with some serious cooling, forget it, its just not meant for any thin notebook.
    As for gaming, no game utilizes the i9, so its a waist of money for gamers, good for business and graphic though.
    I personally don't see any business person or executive carrying around a GT75 or GT83.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 4:27 AM
    Aroc and Vasudev like this.
  5. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Another big gotcha for these new Apple laptops - reports that 3rd party or in-home repairs may now brick the machine. Hooray!! Who wants one??!!??

- https://gizmodo.com/reports-newest-macbook-pro-bricked-if-not-repaired-by-1829548786

Being discussed here - http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ics-to-function-after-certain-repairs.823638/

Aroc, Vasudev, Papusan and 1 other person like this.