New MacBook (Air?) 2018

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by iMbaQ, Oct 23, 2018.

1. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    Slowly, but surely, they have wandered off course like they did the first time around when Scully and co ousted him. *sigh*

2. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yep, Stocks are proving that too. Apple is in a nose dive, and MS just over took them for the most valuable company! Good on Microsoft. NOW, get on with making Windows 10 more touch friendly please!

I guess people are starting to get tired of the same devices and software every year and apple ringing the bell on stage how AMAZING they are. I almost jumped ship to the new air. The more I looked at how much apple is gouging you for upgrades, I said NOPE. Plus MacOS is a MESS! The only thing apple has going for it is it's "polish". Everything looks pretty. I am an apple iPhone / ipad user right now because they have the tablet thing down. Once Mr MS gets his head out of the cloud and back to business of making windows more touch friendly, I am ditching my ipad and iPhone, moving to a surface go LTE and an LG stylo Plus phone.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  3. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What exactly are you looking for Microsoft to improve? I've used touch on the surface pro devices and the older razer blade laptops and loved it. Only thing was I didn't like clicking links on the Razer because they were too little to click. On the surface it was fine since I was using the surface pen.

4. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    They need to make tablet mode into windows 8. Gestures, and just the overall feel of windows 8 as tablet mode in windows 10.

5. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I do wish Microsoft stopped imposing us their charging solution on the Surface lineup and give us the much requested TB3 port!

6. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    But then they can't gouge you on the surface dock.

Think of the investors, don't be an entitled prick.

/s

electrosoft, Vasudev and iMbaQ like this.
  7. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yes, just like the poor shareholders at DONGLES R US.....er I mean Apple.

electrosoft and Vasudev like this.
  8. daddyfish

daddyfish Newbie

Reputations:
    , agreed, though GestureSign is a nice opensource program to easily add custom gestures. :) You can also export/import them so you basically just need to set it up it once.
    Just noticed it is also on the Windows Store, don't know if there are any differences with the desktop app.

9. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It's not just gestures. It's the overall layout of tablet mode. They just need to make tablet mode, 8.1 and it would be amazing!

10. daddyfish

daddyfish Newbie

Reputations:
    , most can be fixed by adding gestures however. E.g. if you watch this video: , you will see that besides the gestures it is mostly smooth animations that made the W8 tablet mode better. Especially if you put the taskbar in W10 to the left (and possibly let it auto-hide). And of course things like auto-fullscreen for Edge would be nice and sometimes the onscreen keyboard is slow to react (I think this differs per laptop/tablet though).
    Personally I prefer the overal interface (action center vs charms bar, having a taskbar etc) of Win 10.