New MacBook (Air?) 2018

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by iMbaQ, Oct 23, 2018.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Full, honest review of Apple October MacBook Air, Mac Mini, iPad Pro update.
    Peter Paul Chato
    Published on Oct 30, 2018
    153- A wide-ranging philosophical soup of happiness and angst as I weigh in on the new MacBook Air, Mac mini and iPad Pro. I have a long history with Apple and their products. I hate Apple because I love them. The supreme neglect of the Mac line has been painful for me to comment on. Has Apple responded to Mac lovers who can't afford an iMac Pro? I want to know.

New iPad Pro/MacBook Air and Mac Mini Reactions! Plus, iOS 12.1!
    Brian Tong
    Published on Oct 31, 2018
    How many Good or Bad Apple’s are getting dished out? It’s my reactions to arguably Apple's best keynote this year with the undeniably stellar iPad Pro, a new MacBook Air and a new Mac Mini. No AirPower no AirPods 2. And will the iPad Mini be gone in a year? Plus, new features in iOS 12.1
    AMD’s Vega Mobile Lives: Vega Pro 20 & 16 in Updated MacBook Pros In November
    by Ryan Smith on October 30, 2018 5:00 PM EST
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ga-polaris-gpus.799348/page-519#post-10815293

2. hmscott

Reputations:
    MacBook Air Review - The Magic is Gone
    Dave Lee
    Published on Nov 8, 2018
    Dave2D review of the 2018 Apple MacBook Air. The new Macbook Air is the cheapest laptop from Apple with the modern styling. It is also one of the best laptop for students from Apple. It has had some big improvements like a retina display and much improved hardware but the pricing isn't as attractive anymore.

3. Splintah

Splintah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I am very wary of the direction Apple is going, they are becoming more like a luxury designer brand than a computing company.

hmscott likes this.
  4. Splintah

Splintah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have an iPhone X, it's a good phone, I don't love Apple. They make some decent products, they make a lot of terrible ones. They are making their decent ones way more expensive.

hmscott likes this.
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
    Watch the blazing CB15 performance :)

2018 MacBook Air vs 2015 MacBook Air, CineBench R15 Performance - Netcruzer TECH

Netcruzer RC TECH CARS
    Published on Nov 9, 2018
    Is the New 2018 MacBook Air any faster than the previous MacBook Air? 2018 Intel Core i5 8210Y 7watt Y series CPU vs 2015 Intel Core i5 5250U 15watt U series CPU. Both MacBook Air are dual core with hyperthreading, 8GB RAM, and 128GB NVMe SSD. Cinebench R15 CPU and OpenGL Test.

6. hmscott

Reputations:
    Apple May Have Considered Releasing a 2018 MacBook Air With Faster Core i7 Processor
    Friday November 9, 2018 8:39 am PST by Joe Rossignol
    https://www.macrumors.com/2018/11/09/2018-macbook-air-core-i7-geekbench/

"...The apparent MacBook Air with a Core i7 chip has a multi-core score of 8,553 on Geekbench, which would make it roughly 8.5 percent faster than the average multi-core score of the existing option with a Core i5..."

AngerDanger
    1 day ago at 09:00 am
    "Just think of the milliseconds that could be saved performing tasks on this unreleased MacBook…"

Comments

7. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I wonder will the air have the same insanely fragile screen the pro has? You look at th screen the wrong way and it shatters.

8. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    It’s an Apple laptop, so it’s very likely.

9. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:

I wasn't expecting the new MacBook Air to be anything revolutionary. I kinda figured it was the 12" Macbook Refresh that everyone wanted. But after watching snazzy labs video I'm questioning why did they make it this way? It's in an odd place costing between the macbook and the macbook pro. But, it performs like a Macbook. And having a fan in a chassis that doesn't connect to the cpu? Why? I'd be curious to see how it performs with an external gpu since it has thunderbolt.

hmscott likes this.
  10. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    IMO the magic left apple Oct 5th, 2011.

electrosoft and hmscott like this.