New M18X vs M17X R3.

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by fam, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skygunner27

skygunner27 A Genuine Child of Zion

Reputations:
    Everything about it is full of win....but for someone like myself, an 18.4 laptop is a little more than we'd care to tote around. I applaud Alienware/Dell for not making a new dramatic design that puts our current(M15x, M17x/R3) to shame. From a cosmetic stand point I feel that the M18x fits in nicely with current and previous models.

It's lame that Dell went with a full on plastic approach for the R3 like they did with the M11x. It's probably from all the negative feedback they received that they went with AL for the M18x.

2. ZOG Paradox

ZOG Paradox Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This.

I was VERY hesitant on even getting my M17x R3, I was afraid it would just too big, but I came to realize, for the work I am doing and all the lugging around it will be put through... the better off I am with a 17"er..

3. BatBoy

BatBoy Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Since the 18x is not on the Dell USA site, you can continue to use the speculation thread.

There really is no comparison between a single and dual GPU system. As many have stated, single and dual GPU systems address different market segments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.