New LG Gram 17

Discussion in 'LG' started by vvb8890, Jan 16, 2019.

1. palatkik

palatkik Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can I have TWO external screens connected at same time of LG Gram 17 (2019) model? I only have been using one so far with the HDMI port? Which other port should I use and will it impact performance overall?

Sorry for the really basic question but I notice on a review at https://www.cnet.com/reviews/lg-gram-17-2020-review/ it says "it easy to connect to an external monitor or two".

... but the user manual that came with computer only mentions ONE ext screen.

I am wondering if the Thunderbolt port will work with a Displayport Monitor at same time as my HDMI monitor is running? Not for gaming just looking at graphs and stocks etc. I don't think I need an external GPU for this?

Appreciate feedback/experience guys as I have been just using one external monitor for years.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020 at 5:12 AM
  2. Candyman12345

Candyman12345 Newbie

Reputations:
    @palatkik ...
    Your are correct.
    Use the TB3 Port with the proper USBC to DP Cable and you're all set.
    I personally use an Anker 8-in-1 Media hub which outputs two HDMI to HDMI plus powers the Gram.
    I could potentially expand out to 3 external monitors plus the Grams monitor with this setup.
    Model number of my Anker HUB is A8380 PowerExpand.

palatkik likes this.
  3. palatkik

palatkik Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Great news and I like the idea of the Anker hub even more, think I will get one.