New Lenovo Ideapad i7 6 core has just appeared with a 1050

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by CaitmyJenners, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaitmyJenners

CaitmyJenners Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. CaitmyJenners

Reputations:
    Does anyone have a review of this ?! Why has this laptop slipped quietly into the market o_O:mad::mad:

3. Anthony Accioly

Anthony Accioly Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi Caitmy, out of curiosity, where did you find a Y730 selling for $600 cheaper than the IdeaPad 330? Here in the UK even a Y530 with similar specs costs a bit more than the the IdeaPad 330.

Anyway, if you Google for IdeaPad 330 15.6 there are a few reviews of it already. This is just another incarnation of Lenovo's budget /consumer line (yet another refresh). I wouldn't expect much from it.
    Y730 is the newest addition to Lenovo's casual gaming lineup. It is again a budget device, however I would expect more bells and whistles and, hopefully, better performance than the IdeaPad line. They have redesigned the Legion line (thankfully, Y720 had terrible design) and you may even find some "praise" for the cheaper Y530 (despite the cheap display).

IdeaPad is probably the kind of computer that the casual "Walking dad" will buy at the nearest computer store. Dad will be very happy to take this computer to work. However this is not the kind of laptop that a company with an functional IT department would buy for him.
    Legion, on ther other hand, is the budget laptop that dad will buy to his soon for Christmas after being pestered about a "gaming laptop" for the past 6 months. With the last redesign maybe dad will not be so embarrassed to take such an laptop to work (at least when comparing it to the Y720), but I don't see it as his first choice.

Dad doesn't know the difference between a 1050 and a 1050TI. Actually, he is more likely to ask questions like "What's a NVIDIA?". The IdeaPad feels safer, it looks much more like his last computer and Lenovo is a good brand.

Honestly, I would not recommend either of those machines. Investing a little bit more will certainly pay off in the long run. However, if you are really determined to buy one of those machines I would at least wait until the Y730 becomes more widely available. Lenovo is all about holiday sales; prices float quite a bit and you may actually get a good deal for it.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  4. CaitmyJenners

Reputations:
    Hmm.. there is defo no review of this 8750h ideapad there might be for it’s lower spec sibling.. you can’t take the Y - series into an office. Unless it’s a ‘startup’ company who wear jeans and a manbun to work .. :)

5. CaitmyJenners

Reputations:
    Wouldn’t pull the trigger yet. Find a review first. Don’t forget the y series is cheaper with the hex core..
    bob-of-all trades , sent you an email too. Help out the brothers ✌️

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.