New Latitude Model Numbers

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by John Ratsey, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    This Dell document (which isn't that new) tends to confirm the assumptions about the numbering of the refreshes of the Latitude / Precision series.

The Dell Client Deployment Pack 1.0 supports the following Dell
    systems:

This suggests that the Latitude numbers are what everyone assumed they would be. The M6500 has arrived but, so far, Google isn't unearthing anything about the E4310, E6410 and E6510.

John

2. Jonty

Jonty Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The M4500 is there too, which will hopefully be released soon :)

3. gauden44

gauden44 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Cool, thanks!

I wish Dell had implemented a better naming scheme, where the only difference between a Latitude and Precision size/model was the E and M in front.

Like:
    14" = E6400, M6400
    15" = E6500, M6500
    17" = M6600

4. Weegie

Weegie Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't really care what they're called as long as they don't have 16:9 screen's and don't use ATI ;) .....not that I actually have the money to buy one this second :rolleyes:

thanks John

5. LexusForever

LexusForever Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    16:9 in a business laptop is unlikely, and I also hope they don't use ATI cards, 'coz I'm set on buying the upcoming E6410.

So, what do you think, guys, in general will Arrandale machines generate more heat?

6. ssnova703

ssnova703 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So I guess the E6410 and E6510 are Arrandale/Calpella refreshes.

Thanks for the heads up.

7. theZoid

theZoid Notebook Savant

Reputations:
    Again, a kindred spirit....:D :D But, I did take the plunge for an m6500...what the heck, I've given up all my other vices.....:p

8. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    16:9 in business notebooks is here. See, for example, Lenovo, HP, Acer. If Dell decides to buck this trend and stick with 16:10 then they stand to increase their market share.

John

9. Weegie

Weegie Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You will have the opposite end's of the biz range then Z, I'm sure you will have some fun with it ;)

Hope so John, sooner or later [wishfully never] they will all be portable DVD player's, I think, probably just continue to work their way up from the vostro's as model's come up for a redesign

I was wondering the other day when looking at the most popular notebook's for Dec 09, whether the Vostro 1520 being in there [ surprising?], if it was to do with people looking for cheap alternative's to the deluge of 16:9 consumer model's

10. freedom16

freedom16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nice, i am happy, what is the e6410 going to be about? Core i5? I hope they finally do freaking switchable graphics because i think that it's time, that is the only way to really get great battery life. Also ATI is really kicking up their game is sometimes better for mid level and entry level graphic cards that does performs a lot better than mainstream nvidia graphic cards. So Zoid you took the plunge huh, well you won't regret the core i7, Ambient light sensor, and the newest quadro card. When do you think they will release the new series? Dell will Defiantly stay with 16:10 ratio. Hey Zoid which color will you go with?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.