New Latitude and Precision's

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by cciemaster, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welt

welt Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hm, I think that`s not about new products, here is a quote of the official dell press release regarding the cebit:

google translation:
    Dell is also represented on the series of events "Global Conferences" organized by the CeBIT , which is this year under the central theme "The challenges of a changing world - ICT for better lives and better business." Here, Steve Felice, president, Small and Medium Business at Dell, on 3 March 10:30 to 11:00 a.m. at the Convention Center (CC), Room 2, a keynote hold. His topic: "Beating the Competition: How Efficient and Accessible Technology is Driving Today's Growing Businesses".

:/

2. System48

System48 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My hope was coming from this excerpt,

"American manufacturer Dell will also be unveiling new solutions at CeBIT 2010 - once again with its own large stand in Hall 2. "We have had a thrilling year with a plethora of new products, services and solutions," emphasizes Steve Felice, President of Small and Medium Business at Dell. "For instance, we launched ground-breaking laptops such as the Latitude Z and the Vostro V13. During 2010 we will be bringing further innovations onto the market in those segments that are the most important to our customers: high-quality IT solutions that allow users to work more productively and efficiently, and also save money." The Dell stand at CeBIT will feature solutions for public-sector buyers from local government, education and health departments. And in cooperation with the ADAC motoring organization, Dell will be exhibiting a multi-touch tablet PC in a real-life application: the fully rugged Latitude XT2 XFR computer."
    From this page http://www.cebit.de/7514?pm=cb10-682-e

I checked the FCC again, they pulled the original label information and location docs for the three models I listed. The haven't changed the confidentiality request date, so still, at the latest we should have something by the 19th of next month. I did go back and check the filing for the m6400 and all of the documents, including photos, were submitted and available the same day, so the same could happen with the m4500.

3. theZoid

theZoid Notebook Savant

Reputations:
    [/QUOTE] checked the FCC again, they pulled the original label information and location docs for the three models I listed. The haven't changed the confidentiality request date, so still, at the latest we should have something by the 19th of next month. I did go back and check the filing for the m6400 and all of the documents, including photos, were submitted and available the same day, so the same could happen with the m4500.[/QUOTE]

oh sure...they're not going to tip off competitors or anyone...they'll launch when they want to, i.e. not precede anything way ahead of time with FCC filings.

4. freedom16

freedom16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't like the latitude 13 its like a vostro but a nicer, sheesh when is dell going to be the dell it used to be like the m1730 days and before that too! lol

5. rubensans

rubensans Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's seems no anouncement... :-(

6. freedom16

freedom16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nope where going to be in the waiting game here, been thinking about going for m11x getting there a bit, i want a freaking intel wireless card, and nice businss machine, so currently i am stuck between a latitude Z600, E4300 sheesh.

7. System48

System48 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  8. LPTP-LVR

LPTP-LVR Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    HD+ sRGB LED sounds VERY good! Optimized screen for sRGB colour space?
    besides that, yeah where's the USB 3.0??

9. Jonty

Jonty Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Let the moaning commence about it being 15.6" ;) Personally, I think it looks really nice, although I'm in no hurry to upgrade myself. It's nice for those in the market, though.

P.S. Does this mean if my display breaks again, they'll offer me an M4500 if there are no replacement parts? Haha, wishful thinking ... ^^

10. LPTP-LVR

LPTP-LVR Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wasn't expecting anything else than 16x9 so no point in moaning. At least it's a high res. and i'm curious to see the specs and tests of the panel itself.
    And yeah, maybe if timed right this you'll get this someday for free ;)
    I guess parts for the M4400 will be around for a while though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.