New Inspiron 7537/7737 Touch, Haswell and GT750m

Discussion in 'Dell' started by [-Mac-], Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trueg

trueg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry, the Latitude 15 3000 doesn't.

My fault for going off topic.

2. Pierreism

Pierreism Newbie

Reputations:
    While the top range 7000s do have Full HD, I don't think it's the same quality panel as the FHD screens on the XPS line. Could be wrong. Eagerly awaiting the reviews to come!

3. lancorp

lancorp Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Anyone notice that is seems being able to configure your PC with the hardware YOU want seems to be going the way of the dinosaur with Dell? Now, it seems everything is prepackaged configurations, with very little hardware customization.

So, in order to get the 750m graphics, you need to buy the $1299 model? Also, too bad Dell used the 7260-N instead of the 7260-AC. With the numerous AC-enabled routers out now, it'd have been nice to throw that in instead of yet another "n" card.
    It looks thinner, but 1.2 (7720) vs 1.1 inches height isn't much difference.

Can't wait for them to show up in the Outlet! :)

booboo12 likes this.
  4. lancorp

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if Dell decided to be generous enough to give us Gigabit Ethernet this time? The specs say "RJ45 Ethernet". RJ45 is a connector, not a type of Ethernet. Maybe they specify RJ45 so as to differentiate from the model with Fiber Ethernet? :)

Edit: Seems, according to the Canadian site SPECS page, that it does have 10/100/1000 Ethernet. Yay!

5. trueg

Reputations:
    Tell me about it. This will my 4th new Dell laptop in a row. Being able to customize was why I went with Dell in the first place.

This morning on the Canadian site I came across the Inspiron 15 5537. It's identical to the Latitude 15 3000, except it has HDMI and an i7-4500U for $1000. The problem is that it has a 1366x768 touch screen with no option to change. I would buy it right now if I could get the same 1080p anti-glare screen as the Latitude.

Also, I was able to find an Inspiron 15 7000 with a GT750m for $750 on the Canadian site, but again I can't change the screen. Their site is so bad. I can't find it through the normal Inspiron list, but it's still in my cart and it still shows the NVidia GPU.

6. lancorp

Reputations:
    Actually, the model's feature page says:

"Photos, videos, movies and other images pop on a 1366 x 1378 display in 720p."

Funny, because the LCD doesn't look square to me!

7. trofi

trofi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah, UK site is a bit tricky too. I ont know why but you cant seem to find the new inspirons if you follow some routes

8. trueg

Reputations:
    I reviewed the service manuals for both the 7537 & 7737 and the internal layouts are nothing special.

Neither had the option of adding mSATA. The battery is internal and is positioned at the front of the laptop. It's takes up a lot of space, but probably because it is wide and thin.

There is only a single cooling fan with a single heatpipe going from the CPU to GPU and then the heatsink.

The only component/option you gain with the 7737 is a bigger screen and an optical drive.

TrueG

9. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Its been bad on the customization front for a while now. Its terrible how fixed the configs are: HP and Lenovo are leaps and bounds better these days in this regard.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

10. maverick786us

maverick786us Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    After seeing the images, I am regretting my HP Envy 15 TouchSmart. This thing looks so beautiful, like a true windows version of Mac Book Pro. Tell me what is concept of front facing battery? Does it spoil the look?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.