New GTX 680M review (The truth)

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Cloudfire, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloudfire

Cloudfire (Really odd person)

Reputations:
    Here is a brand new review, and clearly shows that the Notebookcheck review is a bunch of BS
    Take a look at the Battlefield 3 especially. Notebookcheck found out that 7970M scored 12% better. This review found out that GTX 680M is 2% faster!

So here you have it. Just like I said earlier. Notebookcheck review was flawed!
    So god know what other games they tested that was also wrong.

GTX 680M wins 4/6, draw 1/6 and 7970M is faster in 1/6

Test: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M im Schenker P702

[​IMG]
    GTX 680M is 32% faster

[​IMG]
    GTX 680M is 15% faster

[​IMG]
    GTX 680M is 2% faster (Not 12% slower!)

[​IMG]
    GTX 680M is 25% slower

[​IMG]
    GTX 680M is 44% faster

[​IMG]
    GTX 680M and 7970M is alike.

Power consumption:
    [​IMG]

2. fenryr423

fenryr423 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    that is still not a fair comparison because the 7970m is completly jacked by enduro in clevos ATM.

3. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The 670 stomping the 675 in World in Conflict sounds like some mistake to me.
    Just one question, how are these any more valid than any other site or form member?

My thinking is we should wait a couple few months for driver refinements and do this comparison then.

Let's also talk about the 675 winning 3D Mark. That shouldn't happen.

Edit: Also they don't talk about, unless I just missed it skimming though the first few pages where it should be, what differences there are in the comparison side from gpu. Is it the same cpu, mem, etc? Looks like one was an Asus g73, one was an msi.. I'm on my phone didn't feel like digging in, nice if they had it in a table. What driver versions did they use?

4. timehacker

timehacker Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Looks like Enduro is the problem for sure, cuz even the GTX 670m beats it in some tests...
    Best Apples-to-Apples test would be with Alienware laptop

5. Cloudfire

Cloudfire (Really odd person)

Reputations:
    Because now we have 3 reviews giving a totally different result than the Notebookcheck review. Plus we have hackness results which also was different than the NBC review.

So we can conclude safely that the Notebookcheck review was flawed. GTX 680M runs much better than what they found out

BTW: Look at the power consumption of the GPU compared to 675M. Nvidia have reduced it by 63W, yet it perform 50% better. It even draw less wattage than 670M...

Thats a pretty good accomplishment :D

6. timehacker

timehacker Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    When are you gonna get a GTX 680m so you can validate the performance of the card Cloudfire?

7. SlickDude80

SlickDude80 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Cloud, why is it such a mission for you to prove that the 680m is faster than the 7970m? I think we are all burnt out with this now.

From talking with dell qa testers, the 680m is faster...not much faster, but it is faster. So without reading a million reviews, i can confirm to everyone that the 680m is faster than the 7970m but depends on the game.

I wish we could put all this to bed and just enjoy the damn laptops the way they were meant to be used which is to have fun and game

People have to ultimately decide what card they are comfortable with and get what suits their needs and their budgets

NOW LETS GAME! :)

8. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Here here! I'd rep if I wasn't on my phone on tapatalk.

Finally got the dark brotherhood missions last night on Skyrim, I think the last thing I have left side from those elusive floating berenziah stones. Even on my lowly 675M I was having a blast. ;)

Edit: it's funny how long I went without sleeping in a bed.. that's what finally triggered it. I must have completed 66% if the quests in the game while this quest was waiting for me to sleep...

9. fenryr423

fenryr423 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i just think its funny that he is on this mission when he doesnt own either card, giving him no reason to care whatsoever

10. SkittlesXD

SkittlesXD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just a reminder going forward to keep the thread as civil as it currently is. Mods have mounted scopes to their ban hammers over this topic.

Also this review has enduro enabled and gpu boost apparently disabled so both cards aren't going 100%. Need another test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.