New GS63 & GS73VR with GTX1070?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by gbenedetto, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Swissbaboon

Swissbaboon Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone knows where the release date per country can be found?
    Thanks

2. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Not having G-Sync is a instant no buy in this day and age.
    What was MSI thinking!

Talon likes this.
  3. ickibar1234

ickibar1234 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Probably to have Nvidia Optimus for power efficiency. Should be a switch and reboot to get G-sync like Clevo/Sager or whatever does.

4. norgei

norgei Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    +1, what a shame MSI, at this price, and actually, having a gaming laptop without a G-Sync display it's a pitiful.

Power efficiency on a gaming laptop, seriously? And what is the power consumption difference between a G-Sync display and a classic display on a laptop? IMHO, That must be really marginal.

I hope the next refresh of the MSI GS73VR will have a G-Sync display this time, with the GTX 1080 Max Q, and the 120Hz 3ms HDR display as promised.

Any news about this next refresh of the MSI GS73VR? Because in France, the Asus Zephyrus GX501 VI is too expensive, as usual, in France, all is always much expensive than elsewhere ; in the USA, the Asus Zephyrus GX501 VI cost 2600-2700$ with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, in France, it's cost 3200€ for the same configuration (i7 7700HQ, 16GB of RAM, 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD ...), but with Windows 10 Familial, only for that, I hate to
    live in France, we pays too expensive for many things.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017